New ordered after the initial pause

First Name
Bob the builder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl
Hey everyone,

I placed a maverick order just last weekend at a dealership who will submit them all once ordering opens back up and was totally expecting it to be August 2022 for it to be submitted but he told me on "good authority" he should be able to submit that as soon as June. Has anyone heard the ordering opening up sooner than expected or is it just me? Everything I am reading is still saying August.
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The order guides are not even published yet....... New colors? Old colors being taken away? Cruise control available as part of a new tech package on the XL trim? Or maybe as a standalone add-on for XL? Maybe there is an option to order a bigger/better screen? Maybe they have an option to upgrade the actual head unit to use a newer version of Sync? Maybe they make CoPilot360 standard on all trims? Who knows!

If you told the dealer what you wanted it was almost certainly based on what is available in the 2022 order guides, which don't apply to the 2023 mode year.

Now to your actual question. Haha. No.....the order banks open in August, not June. And hybrid opens one week before EcoBoost. So they dont even both open on the same day, but do both open in AUGUST. Not June. Ask the dealer what they consider to be "good authority". May be a fun conversation.

Edit to add: We also dont even know what MSRP or the cost of any of the packages/options will be. So your order you placed with the dealer was for a completely unknown cost.

Last edited:

ccmjr77

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Hybrid, 22 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The only announcement so far, is that the estimated date for ordering moved from August 16 to August 15. So I think your dealer is wrong. As mentioned above nothing about the 23MY has been released yet. Production for 23 does not start until October.

06Warrior

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Person
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' HD Road Glide, 22’ Sporster S
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Dealer is getting a list of customer orders ready to place in August. Not possible to order in June.

OP
OP
First Name
Bob the builder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick xl
Cool stuff. Thanks guys. I thought it was really strange too. I'm gonna for sure give him a hard time when no order is placed in June,lol

CG - All the way

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
"Good Authority"???? Perhaps he is receiving messages from the same Ford
Gods who determine when your vehicle is going to receive a build date and if the dealer honors MSRP??????
Sponsored