First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick, 2011 Lexus ES350, 2004 Ford ST
Engine
Undecided
Ordered my Lariat on November 8th, and last word I had was to expect delivery about June. I am hoping for a sooner delivery date, but I heard they are no longer taking orders. Seems there is a bottle neck somewhere in the build. I heard it is the moon roof. Mexico cannot build them fast enough. They can build 25,000 per month, and whether it true or not, I heard there is a 300.000 backup with the Maverick and Bronco taking the same moon roof. I also heard that they may not even be able to deliver the 2022, and I may get a 2023 instead. That would be ok. I would wait another couple of months to get the later model. I will be asking for info from time to time as I think these forums are the best place to get common sense answers to questions that arise. I probably will not have a lot of posts, but look forward to any comments.
Sponsored

Evil2ltr

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Alto Blue Maverick XLT AWD
Welcome!

adkbiker

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Welcome. Expect similar wait, ordered mine Dec 3 and was told 6 -9 months, could possibly roll into 2023 model year. Didn't order a sun roof though.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi, Reggie!

If what you've heard is from your dealer - go ahead and toss it out the window because they know as much as you do.

However I agree with your timeline and the potential that some MY22 hybrids will inevitably become MY23.

OP
OP

arseatea

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Hi, Reggie!

If what you've heard is from your dealer - go ahead and toss it out the window because they know as much as you do.

However I agree with your timeline and the potential that some MY22 hybrids will inevitably become MY23.
Thanks. I do have nightmares that I will get my Truck in Aug and it will be a model year old already. I have the option of turning it down if that happens tho. But, then I would have to reorder and wait another 6 months.

Sponsored

OP
OP

arseatea

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Thanks. What size is your trailer hitch? I have a Ford ST and I am getting ready to order a 2" bumper step from Weather Tech. I do not know if I would want to transfer it to the Maverick, but I would still like the option if it will fit. Mine will have the standard 2000 lb trailer capacity.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks. I do have nightmares that I will get my Truck in Aug and it will be a model year old already. I have the option of turning it down if that happens tho. But, then I would have to reorder and wait another 6 months.
There are MY22 Broncos being delivered before some MY21 Broncos that are still sitting at the MAP facility!

That's a valid concern for sure and it impacts the resale value (somewhat) but you're still getting a brand new Hybrid trucklet and they will be unchanged for MY23.

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ordered my Lariat on November 8th, and last word I had was to expect delivery about June. I am hoping for a sooner delivery date, but I heard they are no longer taking orders. Seems there is a bottle neck somewhere in the build. I heard it is the moon roof. Mexico cannot build them fast enough. They can build 25,000 per month, and whether it true or not, I heard there is a 300.000 backup with the Maverick and Bronco taking the same moon roof. I also heard that they may not even be able to deliver the 2022, and I may get a 2023 instead. That would be ok. I would wait another couple of months to get the later model. I will be asking for info from time to time as I think these forums are the best place to get common sense answers to questions that arise. I probably will not have a lot of posts, but look forward to any comments.
Welcome aboard.!

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I ordered my Wife’s Maverick XLT AWD Luxury Package etc. And a Moon Roof. Ordered July 2nd and picked it up Dec 23rd (actually delivered on the 20th) so they're building Mavericks with them so that probably won't be a delay. Good luck 👍

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Aloha! I live in Maui but am from Enon. Would you mind flat rate shipping me some Marions Piazza?

Sponsored
OP
OP

arseatea

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Aloha! I live in Maui but am from Enon. Would you mind flat rate shipping me some Marions Piazza?
I imagine you also want Mikesells potato chips and Esther Price chocolates..lol... I want to visit Hawaii someday. I will bring some with me.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I imagine you also want Mikesells potato chips and Esther Price chocolates..lol... I want to visit Hawaii someday. I will bring some with me.
Yea gonna need some Mikesells. I actually ordered EstherPrice for my wife 2 years ago for Valentines Day. She loved em. If you ever get to Maui come by Twin Falls and I will have some treats for ya.

OP
OP

arseatea

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
Yea gonna need some Mikesells. I actually ordered EstherPrice for my wife 2 years ago for Valentines Day. She loved em. If you ever get to Maui come by Twin Falls and I will have some treats for ya.
Will do Bud. I sent some Esther Price chocolates to my brother in SC and it was all melted when it arrived. But, he put the box in the fridg and once it solidified again, it was fine.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Will do Bud. I sent some Esther Price chocolates to my brother in SC and it was all melted when it arrived. But, he put the box in the fridg and once it solidified again, it was fine.
They packed my wifes in dry ice and while it wasnt cold when it got here it wasnt melted. Maybe its because mine probably went straight to an airplane and stayed cool up there. SC might have taken a truck. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway super stoked today. My lady and I just got approved for Ford financing and got a response from Granger on the order we just put in for a VB XLT FX4 4K!

Nomadikhan

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 Daytona Shelby Z, 07 Yaris, 22 Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Welcome, Miamisburg Ohio here. Maybe we'll run into each other some day haha
Sponsored