Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just ordered the Maverick Truck Tent from Napier. There is a 40% discount available which expires today. Coupon Code: WINTER40 . Takes the price from $139.99 to $83.99. Shipping does cost about $20, but still thought it was a good deal for around $100 total. Link below.

https://napieroutdoors.com/us/product/maverick-truck-tent/

Ford Maverick Napier Tent for Maverick - 40% off expires today 139DB6CE-C309-4B96-AE1F-79101E3407C3
Sponsored

maggy55

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ren E Gade

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Atlas Blue, BAP, Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Let us know how it works & if you have a bed cover...

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Any update?

Sponsored

AznMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hybrid Lariat Built 3-9-23, Chevy EUV, Lexus RX350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Second that inflatable mattress is sweet! Where did you find it?

FordRick

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, Escape
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
What type and where did you get this bed truck mattress? I like it
With no luck, I've read through a few threads to try and figure out which member had posted that this mattress fits our trucks. To whomever it was, thanks.

Anyways, this is what I got. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089YBF5XK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Here are some thoughts and info on it. I hope it's useful.
It's a really good mattress.
It's made for SUVs. We'll also use it in our Ford Escape.
The way that it fits in the truck makes it so that the head area is on the tailgate. I think we'll try it that way first and see how it is. There's actually more elbow room that way. If we end up preferring to have our feet on the tailgate, it still works. It comes with two small pillows that we can put to the front.
For a great fit, keep the two side flaps deflated.
It can also be used it in the cab. It comes with a big inflatable piece that fits between the front and passengers seats. It fills the gap, creating a bigger area to lay the mattress. Should be good for a grandkid or two. There's a good chance I'll get another one.
Again thank you to whomever recommended this.

OP
OP
Hammer

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Let us know how it works & if you have a bed cover...
Just received delivery and will attempt install later this week. I have OEM hard tri-fold cover and Elevate racks. I know the cover will not be a problem but I really rolled the dice with the racks. Will post pics of install.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hammer

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Just received delivery and will attempt install later this week. I have OEM hard tri-fold cover and Elevate racks. I know the cover will not be a problem but I really rolled the dice with the racks. Will post pics of install.
There were no install instructions included so there was a little struggle with figuring everything out but I eventually got there. The tent will not fit with the Elevate Racks and so I will need to remove them any time I use this tent. The hard tri-fold cover is not an issue. The fit is good enough, it feels sturdy even with the breeze that was blowing when I installed.
I believe the lack of ventilation on sides could make the tent a little warm in sunny weather, however if you have sliding rear window that can help alleviate.

Ford Maverick Napier Tent for Maverick - 40% off expires today 69C64BCA-132B-4F82-AA64-42061E7B2D1D

Ford Maverick Napier Tent for Maverick - 40% off expires today A67BE4DF-43B2-4D98-A8FC-1CA93A91FB6B

Ford Maverick Napier Tent for Maverick - 40% off expires today A72CCCFA-68EC-495E-8747-70898D658808

Ford Maverick Napier Tent for Maverick - 40% off expires today 9C3B2B17-C713-4C1D-8AAA-973A33C374A7

BAScott62

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There were no install instructions included so there was a little struggle with figuring everything out but I eventually got there.
I haven't set mine up yet but the instructions are on the information page in the bag. There are three pages, they just are really good at sticking together.

JsnMrd

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
There were no install instructions included so there was a little struggle with figuring everything out but I eventually got there. The tent will not fit with the Elevate Racks and so I will need to remove them any time I use this tent. The hard tri-fold cover is not an issue. The fit is good enough, it feels sturdy even with the breeze that was blowing when I installed.
I believe the lack of ventilation on sides could make the tent a little warm in sunny weather, however if you have sliding rear window that can help alleviate.

69C64BCA-132B-4F82-AA64-42061E7B2D1D.jpeg

A67BE4DF-43B2-4D98-A8FC-1CA93A91FB6B.jpeg

A72CCCFA-68EC-495E-8747-70898D658808.jpeg

9C3B2B17-C713-4C1D-8AAA-973A33C374A7.jpeg
Is that a mesh screen? Also, since it's a floorless design, do you think dust, dirt, water, bugs, etc.. would be an issue?

Can you setup the tent on the bed directly or do you need to put it on the ground first?

I guess my worry is that outside elements could easily be an issue with this tent vs a fully enclosed one.

Is it hard to install and to take it apart? Does it store neatly? Do you have a picture how it comes in its carrying case and what's included?

I ordered this already but I also took a chance. I wanna use my hybrid for camping but it still need to do other trucks things for me that's why I don't want a permanent setup.

OP
OP
Hammer

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't set mine up yet but the instructions are on the information page in the bag. There are three pages, they just are really good at sticking together.
I just checked and confirmed that the instruction pages were actually there and just stuck together and hidden from view. Thanks for the tip !

OP
OP
Hammer

Hammer

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 VW GTI
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is that a mesh screen? Also, since it's a floorless design, do you think dust, dirt, water, bugs, etc.. would be an issue?

Can you setup the tent on the bed directly or do you need to put it on the ground first?

I guess my worry is that outside elements could easily be an issue with this tent vs a fully enclosed one.

Is it hard to install and to take it apart? Does it store neatly? Do you have a picture how it comes in its carrying case and what's included?

I ordered this already but I also took a chance. I wanna use my hybrid for camping but it still need to do other trucks things for me that's why I don't want a permanent setup.
For assembly I ended up inserting the two main pole sections while the tent was on the ground and then lifting the partially assembled tent onto the truck bed and proceeding with install from there. That process was simple enough once I figured it all out. I was flying blind because I didn’t have the instructions at that time ( install instruction pages were stuck together and I thought they were missing ). Looking at the instructions now it shows that my method was not the correct process, I’m not sure how much easier the recommended method might be.

The rear opening is mesh, although you can also zipper that mesh section closed so that there is no exposed opening.

I don’t think bugs/dirt would be an issue. Seems pretty tight to seal out that kind of thing.

There are three main items in the tent bag: the tent, the tent poles, and the straps. The tent bag is large enough that it easily stores all of the items when packing away. It’s not one of those scenarios where you need origami skills to get the tent to fit after the initial removal from the perfect factory fold. See pics below

Ford Maverick Napier Tent for Maverick - 40% off expires today IMG_1122

Ford Maverick Napier Tent for Maverick - 40% off expires today IMG_1123
Sponsored