TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Surprise? I never said I was surprised. In fact, I expected it. Just sharing the info.

It's amazing to me there are still some people who expect Ford to live up to its stated intentions when it comes to scheduling, production and delivery of these trucks.

At this point, I am just hoping hoping they build my 2022 that was assigned a VIN in late August sometime before the end of the calendar year. If it shows up before Christmas, well, that would be a heck of a present under the tree!
I have lowered the bar a number of times. When I originally ordered in August 2021 I naively though I would take delivery for Christmas 2021.
Now I would like to see a Christmas 2022 delivery but I am not holding my breath.
Sponsored

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Forte, 1967-1/2 Datsun Roadster 2000
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well, I will ask Saturday morning when I will be sitting down with my salesman and discussing the situation more.
My dealer explains to me what the recall states, for "build dates" from February 3 through July 9, 2022. My truck "build" date was July 5th. The "built" date of my truck was Sept 12th. The recall notice came out Sept 22 when my truck was on the train heading to my dealer. He let me sit in and move to where I could take some pictures and a video to share with family and friends. It's not my personality to get all jacked up about it. I've waited this long, and I know I'm the only one.

Ford Maverick MY22 Production Extended AGAIN! IMG_9174.JPEG

Ford Maverick MY22 Production Extended AGAIN! IMG_9175.JPEG

Drew

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Transit Prius Honda Yamaha Chevy
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer explains to me what the recall states, for "build dates" from February 3 through July 9, 2022. My truck "build" date was July 5th. The "built" date of my truck was Sept 12th. The recall notice came out Sept 22 when my truck was on the train heading to my dealer. He let me sit in and move to where I could take some pictures and a video to share with family and friends. It's not my personality to get all jacked up about it. I've waited this long, and I know I'm the only one.

IMG_9174.JPEG

IMG_9175.JPEG
Damn, that sucks. You said you’re the only one? No one else has had that happen?

RockHoundTX

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F350
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You’re lucky. My order went in Oct 11, 2021 and my latest email update indicated expected production the week of Nov 14. Your order in after me and you’re getting yours before me. Happy for you, but stinks for me. Oh well, such is life.
No, YOU are the one that is lucky ;-) Think about all of the September and early October (I ordered a Hybrid XL on Oct 1, 2021) than never even got a VIN. My dealer only got 5 of his 12 orders last year (and said his allocation for this year was ONE). Put back in line with maybe a 10% chance of ever being built in MY23. You should be counting your blessings since it could have been much worse.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kia Forte, 1967-1/2 Datsun Roadster 2000
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Damn, that sucks. You said you’re the only one? No one else has had that happen?
I'm definitely not the only one. Only the second at this dealership. I'm certain of the 64K+ vehicles affected, there will be others that will have to wait for Ford to have the parts to remedy this recall. If they already have their truck, they can continue to drive. Me, not so lucky. Maybe sometime January 23, I can pick it up. The NHTSA website offers a hotline to call and complain if the manufacturer has not fixed in a "timely" matter but not sure that will do anything. That's life of being a future owner of this truck.

Sponsored

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Miata, motorcycles
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I have lowered the bar a number of times. When I originally ordered in August 2021 I naively though I would take delivery for Christmas 2021.
Now I would like to see a Christmas 2022 delivery but I am not holding my breath.
Ha! Meet too. Last winter I thought I'd have those heated seats. This winter? They are cutting it close.

arlos10000

First Name
J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
forester xt
Sitting at home tonight and got a call from my Ford dealer. He tells me my truck has arrived, but they can't let me have it. They would be fined $21k if they tried selling it to me before the air bag recall is taken care. No air bags available till first quarter of 2023!? I can go up and look at and drive it around the lot he tells me but can't drive it down the road. What a gut punch. Ford needs to make it right with us MY22 owners.
Same problem here. They called me to say it was delivered, then...uh oh. Side airbag recall! Dealer says that the fix isnt expected until sometime in 1Q '23.
Fyi...my build date was 7/7.

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Someone just shared this on FB. Looks like Ford is extending MY22 production at least an additional week beyond what was previously announced.

E3B4250E-DCCA-43C0-AEED-A56FC10AFC04.jpeg

It would appear MY23 production now won't start until at least the week of 11/21.
Had to happen. A bunch of us are scheduled for 11/14. Wonder if I'll get it for Christmas. I was going to do a ceramic coating and uncoating myself but, as it might be snowing and sloppy here by then I'll have to find some place. Wonder how much the dealer would rake me over for that?

TheWizziard

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XLT Oxford White
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Had to happen. A bunch of us are scheduled for 11/14. Wonder if I'll get it for Christmas. I was going to do a ceramic coating and uncoating myself but, as it might be snowing and sloppy here by then I'll have to find some place. Wonder how much the dealer would rake me over for that?
It would be nice to get it for Christmas 2022 as I naïvely thought my August 2021 order would arrive for Christmas 2021.😆

Timothyd

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

It would be nice to get it for Christmas 2022 as I naïvely thought my August 2021 order would arrive for Christmas 2021.😆
Same for me. Thought I'd have heated seats last winter but.............
Now It's coming down to the wire and I'm gettin' a little nervous. Hopeful.

Sponsored

F-050

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Ranger, 13 Sentra, 79 Vette, 18 BMW320i
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 11/14 build is now 12/12. Had a vin for months. Now, according to Ford, that vin will be changed to a 23MY. The goalposts keep moving back!

Landric

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Landric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT AWD FX4 Alto Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
And now this has happened....

Ford Maverick MY22 Production Extended AGAIN! Tremor_Scheduled_2_Edited