Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL, VB, 2.0 EB
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MTC is a great place for info with great users that provide their knowledge.

After posting the above info about Puzu harnesses, I found another thread where blackb13 posted information about another harness at Crutchfield. It was a reasonable $59.99. The reviews on Crutchfield about this product are worth reading and worth serious consideration. This was not available when I installed my sound system or I would have considered it.

It's also available on Amazon as a Maverick Harness for $53.08.

PAC LPHFD31 LocPro Advanced T-Harness
Ford Maverick My humble review of my new Velocity Blue Maverick XL 1698421477905

MTC user colinl posted this link: PAC LPHFD31 LocPro Advanced T-Harness owner's manual

Thanks to blackb13 and colinl for supporting the forum and posting this info in other threads.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
FYI. I purchased a Fakra Z Female to Fakra Z Male to SMB Female Adapter Splitter Cable RG174 on Amazon to check and see if the Shark Fin antenna would pickup SiriusXM satelite signal.

Ford Maverick My humble review of my new Velocity Blue Maverick XL 1698589275953

I unplugged the blue Fakra connection located in the J9 spot that is evidently for Global Navigation Satelite System, and installed the splitter. After pluggin the SMB connector to my SiriusXM radio, it when from telling me there is no signal to acquiring signal. Well, it just got my hopes up because it searched...searched...and searched some more, It never acquired a signal. I didn't look at the diagram before plugging it in so I tried the splitter on the other connector at the J8 (AM/FM/DAB) spot.
Ford Maverick My humble review of my new Velocity Blue Maverick XL 1698589407859

Obviously, the splitter is not the answer. I'm not sure what the answer is...shoot, I forgot the question.

All I was trying to do is be able to remove the SiriusXM antenna I installed behind the Shark Antenna just above the 3rd brake light, to no avail.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that was wondering if the Shark Antenna on the XL had an antenna that would pick up SiriusXM. I assume it does not thinking that the seller told the truth about what the spitter accomplished. If anyone needs a Fakra Splitter with an SMB antenna feed, just let me know. Again...just FYI.:cool:

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'll be using my little XL quite a bit the next 2 to 3 months as my neighbor has three large trees down and a bunch of small trees & brush to haul off to the burn pile. So, to prepare I'm redoing my USB drive of music adding 300+ early '60s British Invasion songs and a little Led Zeppelin.

There's a feature that I haven't really noticed before that I think is pretty neat. On a cool day and making a run to the grocery store, I put the temp on Hi before backing out of the drive. I have the HVAC set to auto all the time only adjusting the actual temp as needed. Well, I notice that the blower did not come on until the system warmed up enough to blow warm air. It's a nice feature that doesn't all me to get colder before warming up. Very useful feature for our 7 days of winter here in East Texas.

I had many plans to further modify my XL, but I'm having second thoughts considering that I don't drive much. Originally, I wanted leather seats but I'm not sure now as the Black cloth of the XL is holding up very well—in fact it seems pretty tough. Given I'm driving less, I'm not sure the leather is worth it. I had a 2001 Sonoma SS (Step Side) with the factory ZQ8 suspension package and other goodies and also a 2003 Sonoma ZRX with the same suspension. Both had bed rails. For me and what I haul (antique furniture, etc.) they were enormously useful. So, I would like to get the Sports bar headache rack and running boards.
Ford Maverick My humble review of my new Velocity Blue Maverick XL 1701962534907

Ford Maverick My humble review of my new Velocity Blue Maverick XL 1701962345872

The steel wheels are beginning to mundane, so I would also like to get some different wheels. Nothing super fancy. The Maverick is such a good looking truck it deserves some good looking wheels to set it off.
Ford Maverick My humble review of my new Velocity Blue Maverick XL 1701962857273

Ford Maverick My humble review of my new Velocity Blue Maverick XL 1701962995153

I really like the red line around the rim on these black Motegi Racing MR116. Maybe add some conservative red pin striping. As an alternate, maybe a dark bronze wheel like that above and bronze pin striping. I can see buying the wheels about the time that I replace the tires in 4 or 5 years.:p

I don't really miss cruise control, but I can see it as an issue if I ever sell the truck so that is a mod I want to do and it's not expensive.

Absence a third party ACM replacement that adds SiriusXM and better specs that's reasonable in cost, that's about it for mods that I want to do for now...but I'm not in a hurry for any of it.

The only thing that will stop the eventual mods are if Ford builds a true AWD Maverick ST with the BAP. I guess I will always be a hot rodder lost in the '60s.:cool:

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
We had famiiy over for a somewhat quiet family get together the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Drove Mi CamiĂłn Azul quite a bit running errands for my wife in preparation for the Thanksgiving meal. At least more than normal. Still only have 7325 miles on my two year old+ truck. After years of putting 40k to 65k miles a year on my vehicle, it seems strange to drive so little, although, there is not much driving just for pleasure.

I just finished publishing my 5th book. An the subject of the book, Camille, my great-neice, attended our Thanksgiving celebration. It is a major departure for me as my first four books were serious commentaries on Colossians, Philippians, Galatians, and a patriotic book on Old Glory. This book, "Camille's Song, Embracing the Lessons of Psalms 23," is much more light hearted and contains a true story.

After experiencing a life-changing event, at the Allen Mall on March 6, 2023, Camille finds
comfort and hope in the captivating verses of Psalm 23. Camille's Song is a beautifully woven tapestry of faith, trust, and love—an invitation to embrace the timeless wisdom of Psalm 23 and let its message resonate in our hearts. For Camille, Psalm 23 became more than just a scripture—it belonged to her, a personal anthem that spoke to her soul. It became Camille's Song. The title had a poetic ring and felt perfect, capturing the essence of her profound connection.

Ford Maverick My humble review of my new Velocity Blue Maverick XL 1701963990524

Camille learned to deal with tragedies as she came face to face with a killer at the Allen Mall shooting last spring.

Of course the book is available online and where ever books are sold. :sneaky:

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yesterday at the Holly Lake Family Dollar store I came out and setting next to me was a new Maverick XLT in the Azure Grey Metallic tri-coat color (I think). I had not seen it before in the area. There is also an Area 51 Mav in the area as well. With this new one, there are now 3 that I know of.

I park at the end of the building instead of at the front so the guy that drove the XLT next to me, had to park next to me on purpose. Glad I got to see it.

Anyway, it was a nice looking truck and I noticed the wheels right off. Another reason to get rid of the steelies. Next time, I'll wait around and see who was driving the truck and get to know them a bit.

Sponsored

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas to all. Hope all you kids get what you want for Christmas. I got mine two years ago on Nov. 10, 2021. A new blue Maverick.

Hope the New Year brings you all the best.

Howard

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas to all. Hope all you kids get what you want for Christmas. I got mine two years ago on Nov. 10, 2021. A new blue Maverick.

Hope the New Year brings you all the best.

Howard
@uh50 been meaning to do this for awhile.

I want to take this opportunity to note your postings in this thread about your Maverick's audio system.

For the most part I followed your upgrades:

Puzu DSP Amp PZ-C7 which I placed under the front passenger seat - I velcro-ed it to the floor.

I installed the Infinity REF-6532IX's (incredible sound) with sound deadener in both doors - however I left the back speaker's stock.

Because I have a XL Hybrid Maverick the Rockville RW68CA subwoofer installation was pretty simple with the under-seat battery. I placed it in the driver's left side rear seat storage compartment that I lined with sound deadener including removal of the entire lower plastic shell of the passenger seat compartment with additional foam sound deadener throughout the underside of its frame.

My Maverick's sound now has been described by my oldest son as:
"like a pair of high-quality earphones"
Your research and postings here made this an incredibly simple upgrade process - at least for me.

Ford Maverick My humble review of my new Velocity Blue Maverick XL giphy (38)

We had famiiy over for a somewhat quiet family get together the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Drove Mi CamiĂłn Azul quite a bit running errands for my wife in preparation for the Thanksgiving meal. At least more than normal. Still only have 7325 miles on my two year old+ truck. After years of putting 40k to 65k miles a year on my vehicle, it seems strange to drive so little, although, there is not much driving just for pleasure.

I just finished publishing my 5th book. An the subject of the book, Camille, my great-neice, attended our Thanksgiving celebration. It is a major departure for me as my first four books were serious commentaries on Colossians, Philippians, Galatians, and a patriotic book on Old Glory. This book, "Camille's Song, Embracing the Lessons of Psalms 23," is much more light hearted and contains a true story.

After experiencing a life-changing event, at the Allen Mall on March 6, 2023, Camille finds
comfort and hope in the captivating verses of Psalm 23. Camille's Song is a beautifully woven tapestry of faith, trust, and love—an invitation to embrace the timeless wisdom of Psalm 23 and let its message resonate in our hearts. For Camille, Psalm 23 became more than just a scripture—it belonged to her, a personal anthem that spoke to her soul. It became Camille's Song. The title had a poetic ring and felt perfect, capturing the essence of her profound connection.

1701963990524.png

Camille learned to deal with tragedies as she came face to face with a killer at the Allen Mall shooting last spring.

Of course the book is available online and where ever books are sold. :sneaky:
BTW - I came back to post that I purchased the Kindle version of this book today.

Last edited:
OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
@uh50 been meaning to do this for awhile.

I want to take this opportunity to note your postings in this thread about your Maverick's audio system.

For the most part I followed your upgrades:

Puzu DSP Amp PZ-C7 which I placed under the front passenger seat - I velcro-ed it to the floor.

I installed the Infinity REF-6532IX's (incredible sound) with sound deadener in both doors - however I left the back speaker's stock.

Because I have a XL Hybrid Maverick the Rockville RW68CA subwoofer installation was pretty simple with the under-seat battery. I placed it in the driver's side rear seat compartment lined with deadener and removed the entire lower shell of the passenger seat and applied additional foam sound deadener throughout the underside of its plastic frame.

My Maverick's sound now has been described by my oldest son as:

Your research and postings here made this an incredibly simple upgrade process - at least for me.

giphy (38).gif

BTW - I came back to post that I purchased the Kindle version of this book today.
Thank you for purchasing the book. I'm glad you and your son like the upgrades to your Maverick.

OP
OP
uh50

uh50

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hchaney.com
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
With our cold spell here in East Texas came a couple of problems.

1. The mail did not run yesterday. Admittedly, I'm sure after the Monday holiday that the mail to deliver was an enormous pile. However, it's the first time that I know about they didn't deliver at all. I had three packages to customers that were supposed to go out but did not. Hopefully, the mail will run today.
  2. I had built the new well house last summer and before Thanksgiving I insulated the piping in the well house. My wife wants to drip water when it freezes so we do. Yesterday morning early, the water stopped. I went out to the well house and found that the pressure switch was sticking which could be caused by any number of reasons due to freezing weather. I have a hi-intensity Halogen work light that also puts out a lot of heat. I put it beside the switch and it took less than 5 minutes to thaw it out.
In the middle of the night my wife came into the bedroom and told me the water was off. I didn't go out and check anything, I just turned on the switch to the halogen light in the well house and in just a couple of minutes the water came back on. It was 11° F. last night.​
Thank goodness for simple things.​

Yesterday, most of the thin layer of ice and snow in our yard, on trees, and roofs melted even though it never got above freezing. The sun's like a super powerful halogen light. This morning at 8:45 AM it's 21° F. and supposed to get up to 40° F. today.​
Finally, on the cold front we've only had three short momentary power outages which is a fantastic improvement over last year's power fiasco.​

I have not driven the XL for a few days and thankful I didn't have to go to Tyler where they use salt and sand on the roads.
Sponsored

Last edited: