Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi All,

Just got my maverick into production and was able to view the window sticker. The MSRP on the sticker is ~$700 higher than the MSRP I was quoted when ordering back in Sept 2022. I know the mavs had an MSRP price hike since then.

Will the dealer be obliged to honor the original order price or the new MSRP on the window sticker?

TIA
Sponsored

MAVRICKDAVE

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XLT Oxford White Tremor 24 XL Atlas Blue Hybrid
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Hi All,

Just got my maverick into production and was able to view the window sticker. The MSRP on the sticker is ~$700 higher than the MSRP I was quoted when ordering back in Sept 2022. I know the mavs had an MSRP price hike since then.

Will the dealer be obliged to honor the original order price or the new MSRP on the window sticker?

TIA
[/QUOT
Hi All,

TIA
Don't worry. Be happy. lol Your dealer most likely will correct it. My order had cyber orange paint cost at $0 vs $495 from ford, $1,495 d and d vs $1,595, and the base price was off $400 i think. Even if I had to pay the extra i could resale for at least 5 k more over what we are paying. But if they want to press the issue and you want to get out call me. I'll take it..lol :)

B2000

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B2000
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

My dealer says they will charge the price in effect when I ordered it in September. Should find out soon!

Hatonapug

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm positive I read that there was gonna be no price protection on 2024 Mav orders... can't remember if it was the same for 2023s. I'd assume so, since even 2022 rollovers weren't "price protected" we just got a voucher to make up for the difference.

HolyCarp

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Cactus Gray XLT Eco AWD FX4 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Some dealerships are honoring the September 2022 price while others are not. Mine fell into the second one. Spoke to the general manager who admitted that he did get the standard Retail Price Protection memo that Ford sends out to all dealerships just prior to the price increases. But he claims that Ford would not reimburse the dealership for the price difference unless Ford officially puts something in the Smart Vincent system for the order. We then called Ford Marketing. They mentioned the Retail Price Protection memo but ultimately caved in and admitted that final pricing is between the dealership and the customer. I was able to use the Farm Bureau discount to offset the $500 increase.

Mc_Flier

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Area 51 Maverick Hybrid, Street Glide Special
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The MSRP sticker was printed after the price went up. You should be price protected from when you own it. There’s a video on here that explains it. They did the same thing to me in 2023.
Sponsored