More Red Renders!

99Mustang

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mustang 07 F150 17 Fiesta
I like the look, stance, and apparent compactness. It does make me a bit more nervous about the bed. I need to be able to toss a mountain bike over the tailgate for it to really make sense to me over other options.
Or we may have to go with a bike rack..

Reactions: Doc

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Or we may have to go with a bike rack..
I currently have a hitch rack and would plan on keeping it anyway for bigger trips where the bed is loaded with stuff. If I'm going to get a truck though, it would be nice to be able to throw the bikes in/over the bed and not have to put the bike rack on for in town trips (or leave it on and fear of my wife backing into something...again).

Sponsored

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I saw a cool taco that had a big sloped Tire rack that went over the bed, not sure what the point of it was but I want one since it looked like a dessert runner 🤩 that's my hat toss into the bed rack ring

I know this is jus a rendering but are they thinking tow hooks in the front? or fog lights?
Definitely tow hooks (at least in offroad versions) should have similar bolt holes to the bronco sport, as for fog lights most modern cars come with them, they just might be integrated into the head light, we still have no clear picture of the bottom of the bumper! (Gotta double check previous leaks)

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I also don't like using my hitch mounted rack much because I don't like having my fatbike out exposed in the winter getting coated in salt and sand. Currently my fatbike barely fits in the bed of my Ranger, sitting kitty corner with the front tire off, so I'm not sure the dimensions I'm seeing of the Mav will cut it.
Oh I have no illusions that my bike would fit in the Maverick's bed, but I hope that with the fork and front wheel over the tailgate, it will fit in reasonably straight.

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
Oh I have no illusions that my bike would fit in the Maverick's bed, but I hope that with the fork and front wheel over the tailgate, it will fit in reasonably straight.
Just a thought for the bike people, if they advertise that you can fit a bike in the trunk of the sport, with the Maverick being longer shouldn't that be easy? Also are there racks that let you stand up the bike and lower the tail gate to fit even a tandem if you wanted to?

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Just a thought for the bike people, if they advertise that you can fit a bike in the trunk of the sport, with the Maverick being longer shouldn't that be easy? Also are there racks that let you stand up the bike and lower the tail gate to fit even a tandem if you wanted to?

In those advertisements they show the middle seats being completely folded, the front wheel of the bike being taken off, the seat being dropped as far as it can go, and the bars just fitting. I'm also not sure what size bikes those are. New bikes are pretty darn long, esp if you're on an XL. At that point, I think a bike rack is easier unless there is a strong reason to put them inside.

The fork in this photo is a Rockshox Pike, which only comes in travels up to 150mm (and is now generally fitted on 130-140 bikes). I'm not sure that they could put a longer fork on and still get the bike in there like that.

Ford Maverick More Red Renders! ford-bronco-accessory-concepts-008-

Basically I want to be able to carry the bikes like this, but think that a 4 ft bed would probably be too small and a 4.5 bed might be cutting it close since I ride XL bikes.
Ford Maverick More Red Renders! Bike+Rack+Options+For+Trucks

Last edited:
Sponsored
OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
In those advertisements they show the middle seats being completely folded, the front wheel of the bike being taken off, the seat being dropped as far as it can go, and the bars just fitting. I'm also not sure what size bikes those are. New bikes are pretty darn long, esp if you're on an XL. At that point, I think a bike rack is easier unless there is a strong reason to put them inside.

The fork in this photo is a Rockshox Pike, which only comes in travels up to 150mm (and is now generally fitted on 130-140 bikes). I'm not sure that they could put a longer fork on and still get the bike in there like that.

Ford Maverick More Red Renders! ford-bronco-accessory-concepts-008-

Basically I want to be able to carry the bikes like this, but think that a 4 ft bed would probably be too small and a 4.5 bed might be cutting it close since I ride XL bikes.
Ford Maverick More Red Renders! Bike+Rack+Options+For+Trucks
Thanks for the detailed answer! Okay now I understand your point better, hopefully diagonal with the gate down will fit 🤞

OP
OP
ElMaverick

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
The more I see these render picts the more I wished the bed was separate from the cab, like the Explorer Sport was.
I kinda dig the streamlined look of the body as a single surface, hopefully it means more torsional strength for the body but that sure will be one expensive panel to replace if you get side swiped

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
volvol
Engine
Undecided
I kinda dig the streamlined look of the body as a single surface, hopefully it means more torsional strength for the body but that sure will be one expensive panel to replace if you get side swiped
Yes, the panel replacement is my concern. If my memory is correct that is the same problem with the 1st gen Honda Ridgeline.

CACTI_HYBRID

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the look, stance, and apparent compactness. It does make me a bit more nervous about the bed. I need to be able to toss a mountain bike over the tailgate for it to really make sense to me over other options.
Two words... Bed Extender. I have one on my 03 Sport Trac and it's great.
Sponsored