Sponsored

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
This one from carscoops looks pretty accurate, I'm already sold if it comes in cactus gray with red accents 🤑

IMG_20210130_181412_687.jpg

Compare to:

Ford Maverick More accurate Ford Maverick pickup rendering based off factory leaked pic erick-truck-factory-leak-mavericktruckclub-com-
If the make it available in Race Red (like the Ranger) or a dark green metallic in a 4x4 Lariat edition with GOAT mode, Sign me up!

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
Decent render & better than anything i could do. Like that the actual model on the production line & the bare metal photos show more pronounced front & rear fenders. Also pretty sure that the actual grill will not look like that. See the leaked 2022/2023 Ranger grill for what i think would be better looking & maybe a more finished grill look. If not the aftermarket options will clean it up.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Decent render & better than anything i could do. Like that the actual model on the production line & the bare metal photos show more pronounced front & rear fenders. Also pretty sure that the actual grill will not look like that. See the leaked 2022/2023 Ranger grill for what i think would be better looking & maybe a more finished grill look. If not the aftermarket options will clean it up.
Agreed. It’s looks like Ford is stylistically trying to harmonize their truck brand. So it is much more likely to follow in the grill styling of the new F-150 and Ranger

Sponsored

DesertMav

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Scion FRS, 2007 Toyota Tacoma
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I like the new rendering, but one thing to point out is that the fenders are more flared out on the factory spy shot than the rendering. Either way, I am liking the design of it a bit more than before.

FutureOwnerInTN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV/Car
Engine
Undecided
The only thing I'm worried about looking at that render is visibility. The windshield isn't that tall and the hood is somewhat flat/long.
Id like to think if we all go sit in a Bronco Sport it will give us a great idea of what the Maverick will be like B pillar forward. The dashboard looks like it will be a hodge podge of the Bronco Sport/Escape. The windshield angle & seat height should be closer to the Bronco Sport id think.

MarcusBrody

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect, BMW 318ti
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Id like to think if we all go sit in a Bronco Sport it will give us a great idea of what the Maverick will be like B pillar forward. The dashboard looks like it will be a hodge podge of the Bronco Sport/Escape. The windshield angle & seat height should be closer to the Bronco Sport id think.
That's a good point. It does look similarly square and most reviews said it had good visibility (though I couldn't find how tall the reviewers were). I'm not expecting visibility as good as my Transit Connect, which is spectacular, but I'd like it to be pretty decent.

dano0726

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Based on how my current Bronco Sport Badlands order has been going (have now booked a 3rd delay, looking for the 4th delay until April build date), I may try to convince Wifey that we should just get a Maverick in lieu of the Bronco Sport...

Fingers crossed -- wish me luck

Sponsored

ghost1986

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Grand Marquis
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Man that front end is gonna be a face only a mother could love. Its not as fat/chunky/ugly as something like the third gen Tacoma but woof. Its still ugly. I'm hoping the lower end models have a nice subdued looking grill and trim.

TruckGuySC

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Man that front end is gonna be a face only a mother could love. Its not as fat/chunky/ugly as something like the third gen Tacoma but woof. Its still ugly. I'm hoping the lower end models have a nice subdued looking grill and trim.
I love the way it looks! Hoping the renderings are accurate.

Last edited:

Romac

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’m super interested in these, I’d love to have a true smaller truck again. If it’s remotely close to that render I’ll be on the list day one.
Sponsored