First Name
Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XL AWD Iconic Silver
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm up in the lehigh valley and the first snow last week it was really solid with my awd. I want to try to run out today to and see how it does but under normal circumstance I rarely go out in the snow, so someone with more experience and time on the road would be a better voice.

Rob.eberly19

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cactus grey maverick tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My tremor is by far the best vehicle I’ve ever driven in snow. Better than Jeep Wrangler, explorer, F150 4x4, and envoy. Great traction in normal and slippery modes.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My tremor is by far the best vehicle I’ve ever driven in snow. Better than Jeep Wrangler, explorer, F150 4x4, and envoy. Great traction in normal and slippery modes.
Although not my favorite tire, the Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws are wonderful snow performance tires for an AT set. With the 3peak snow rating they do as well as any non-dedicated snow/winter tire.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Clarkdonbran

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Put your decorations away! 😂

jcosh84

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have 4 Blizzak DMV-2s on my 23’XLT HYBRID and so far it’s been a tank. Fresh snow falling here in Western PA almost time to go play. Gonna try and really put her through the paces. First time on FWD in over a decade.

BuddyS

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 R Design & 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I'm up in the lehigh valley and the first snow last week it was really solid with my awd. I want to try to run out today to and see how it does but under normal circumstance I rarely go out in the snow, so someone with more experience and time on the road would be a better voice.
Howdy, formerly from Bethlehem myself!

Anyway, I learned a few years ago not to go out in the snow unless absolutely necessary. I'd taken my then 1-year old Jetta out to "see how it would do". Growing up in PA know how to drive in snow, but the lady that slid in the snow and rear-ended me sure didn't. As long as I owned that car (years) it pained me every time I looked at the repaired rear bumper and just knew the paint didn't match quite right. Argh.

OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

It's go to hear the Tremor and off road - snow tires are doing well. Any one with factory Continental tires and front wheel drive. Working on the decorations .

Snowbird

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV 2018
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It's go to hear the Tremor and off road - snow tires are doing well. Any one with factory Continental tires and front wheel drive. Working on the decorations .
The front wheel drive should help to get you going. The tires however will probably not help you stop or negotiate turns very well. Just a heads up.

Sponsored

iowaS10

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Chevy S10, 2015 Chevy Sonic, 2024 Chevy Trax
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The stock Continentals are terrible in both rain and snow

OP
OP

Billy2mav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Thanks for the input. My 22 EB with stock continentals have 20000+ miles and have done well in rain. I am hoping to have a good snow experience.

REMUB40

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV 2013 Chevy Cruze
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I was at a friend's hunting camp in Grampian, PA last weekend. Ended up with 12" of snow. The Lexus in the picture was the first to arrive and got stuck. He was carrying recovery traction bars that got him up to the cabin. I got stuck coming in as well as a couple of the hefty 4X4s. The traction bars came to the rescue. This picture was after a tractor came in and plowed. More snow came after this picture
Ford Maverick Mavericks In/Under Snow - Post Your Pics! Grampian PA
. I still needed to use the traction bars to back up and turn around, but got out easily after that.