medgar

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, why Ford didn't use black instead of silver paint is beyond me... costs nothing extra.

I also prefer the muted colors, seems like the bright gray almost white colors on the XLT are more muted and mature here too, but the no cruise control is a deal breaker. Hopefully someone can figure out how to add that.
I asked my body shop guy that question when I was pricing having tires painted and he made a good point. Since it is a neutral color it is easier to paint them any color a person may want the steelies. Less prep work. He quoted me $50 bucks for all 4 and if I wait until they are painting a car black it would be less since he can just paint them as is.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
spec sheets list the steelies color as "sparkle Silver" IIRC. Sounds like they are painted and not natural color to me?

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I asked my body shop guy that question when I was pricing having tires painted and he made a good point. Since it is the natural color it is easier to paint them any color a person may want the steelies. Less prep work since there isn't a layer on them already. He quoted me $50 bucks for all 4 and if I wait until they are painting a car black it would be less since he can just paint them as is.
Bare steel would rust. They are painted silver.

Sponsored

Aidan Cristofaro

First Name
Aidan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac Vibe
Finally a real life XL interior pic.

2022 Ford Maverick XL Area 51.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick XL Area 51 a.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick XL Area 51 b.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick XL steel wheels steelies.jpg
2022 Ford Maverick XL Interior.jpg
I took them a few nights ago and posted them to my IG @aidancarspotter on Saturday. This maverick was spotted in front of the head office of Ford Canada in Oakville, ON (also where they build the Edge), along with 4 or 5 broncos and more than half a dozen Macericks.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My Insight is starting to rattle a little at low speeds and the tranny is getting pretty damned jumpy as well...

If it dies before my hybrid is built, I might just have to purchase an an AWD ecoboost model of a lot somewhere.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
This maverick was spotted in front of the head office of Ford Canada in Oakville, ON (also where they build the Edge), along with 4 or 5 broncos and more than half a dozen Macericks.
Finally a location! Great find! Any idea if they're still there and around what time?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Volvo XC60
Finally a location! Great find! Any idea if they're still there and around what time?
I drove by this morning and they still had a bunch that I could see from the QEW. I might stop by after work tomorrow and check them out if I can. The cyber orange truck really jumped out from a distance.

ElMaverick

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Engine
Undecided
I drove by this morning and they still had a bunch that I could see from the QEW. I might stop by after work tomorrow and check them out if I can. The cyber orange truck really jumped out from a distance.
I'll be swinging by after work too, hopefully see you there( and some Mavericks!)

Sponsored