OP

???

First Name
Corbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Isn’t a poor fit and finish true of most trailers campers? Google all the problems people have with the high-end airstream trailers and they’re paying a fortune….
I've owned other trailers and this one was worse than average. Could just be the current times/demand tho - perhaps they're all that bad now.
Sponsored

OP
OP

???

First Name
Corbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
Disappointed to hear that about the Rove, there are not really any others in that weight class. I was looking at the version that had 3 sleeping areas but the wet bathroom had me on the fence. Lance makes a good TT that could be an option but of course, higher weight. The Lance 1575 dry weight is about 1k more than the OP's Rove. I really don't want to max out my towing capacity so the search continues! Really appreciate the review!
it's a shame, but I just can't recommend it based on my experience. Maybe in a few years they'll be better.

cjwagner

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4runner
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
many of our highways have a 75mph speed limit, but I usually don't go above 70 and usually stay around 65 when towing.
I had traveled about 16,000 miles over the summer pulling a 3500 lb trailer behind a Toyota 4runner and noticed that when staying off the HWY my mileage increased by about 4 MPG. I have a maverick on order, 2.0 but would be near the limit on pulling this trailer. Only getting about 9.6MPG on the HWY with the Toyota.

Reactions: ???

Jah.

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jah.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick xlt fx4 , Honda 700 ctx mc
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I had a 2011 rpod and quality was poor and didn't get better as time went on according to the rpod forum . It seems the older trailers were built better IMO . I still keep up with rv news on rv travel forum and the whole rv industry seems to be suffering from poor quality control . I will tow my own converted enclosed \ toy hauler \ camper trailer . load up the mc and go camping . total weight of trailer + mc + gear under 2k lbs .

Sponsored

OP
OP

???

First Name
Corbin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore
I had a 2011 rpod and quality was poor and didn't get better as time went on according to the rpod forum . It seems the older trailers were built better IMO . I still keep up with rv news on rv travel forum and the whole rv industry seems to be suffering from poor quality control . I will tow my own converted enclosed \ toy hauler \ camper trailer . load up the mc and go camping . total weight of trailer + mc + gear under 2k lbs .
I had a 2017 Rpod before this and the quality issues were less severe.

Tbolt

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' EcoSport SES, 22' Lariat Lux FX4 Eco Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I am in a few groups and they call these Covid Campers. I guess the demand got insane when people were looking for outlets they could do in relative safety which drove demand through the roof and corners started getting cut. Many people saying to avoid anything made 2019-2021. No idea if that is leveling off though.

coolhip33

First Name
Colleen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick FWD w/tow pkg
Hi all - We almost bought the Rove Lite but then found this gem that just met all of my wants on my wish list! Also, a smaller 16BH version is available.
1 - North South bed! 😴
2 - DRY bath! 🚿
3 - Fridge with separate freezer! ❄
4- Lower price than the Rove Lite! 😍

https://sunsettrailers.com/sun-lite-18-rd/

Video walkthrough!

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Bringing this thread back to life- Curious if the OP- Still has the Rove ? Hoping the 2024 builds are a little better in quality- Nothing else in its class has two sitting/sleeping areas, it surely isn't a high end unit but the weight and features really are working for us and after looking on and off for three years feels good to be done searching :)
Sponsored

Last edited: