First Name
Steveo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have always understood that SWITCHED white lights on the rear were illegal.
And the funny thing is they're not even on a switch they're tied in to your backup lights so when you put it in reverse they come on
Sponsored

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yea Especially since they are $220.00 on sale🤔 I'm happy with the lasfit reverse bulbs and way cheaper 😉
That may be, however some folks need more light than what the lasfit led replacement bulbs put out. I also replaced the stock reverse bulbs with LED's and they are great for indicating that I'm backing up, however, I'm in more need of being able to see what's behind me.

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That may be, however some folks need more light than what the lasfit led replacement bulbs put out. I also replaced the stock reverse bulbs with LED's and they are great for indicating that I'm backing up, however, I'm in more need of being able to see what's behind me.
LED are great for indicator and trim lighting but is the incorrect wave length for distance. Not all but most.
I'd mount a couple of halogens for real visibility!

Dad

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, - Lariat, Hyundai Palisade
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
LED are great for indicator and trim lighting but is the incorrect wave length for distance. Not all but most.
I'd mount a couple of halogens for real visibility!
Respectfully disagree! LED's are brighter, use less amperage, are heat-wise much cooler, and are fine for distance. Regarding the reverse lighting situation, one doesn't need to light up 50 yards or so away. The lights I posted are well-suited for this purpose. If the halogens are better, why have KC and Hella switched over to LED?

Phileaux

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge SEL fwd
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Respectfully disagree! LED's are brighter, use less amperage, are heat-wise much cooler, and are fine for distance. Regarding the reverse lighting situation, one doesn't need to light up 50 yards or so away. The lights I posted are well-suited for this purpose. If the halogens are better, why have KC and Hella switched over to LED?
Most aftermarket, direct exchange are not good for distance. Most people exchange over to LEDs, face them and see the increase in brightness. If you face out you'll see their isn't an increase in distance illumination. I want to use my reverse lights for distance. All my marker and indicator are changed over to LEDs.
KC & Hella know which way this is going.

Sponsored

OP
OP
F150LEDs

F150LEDs

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat Fx4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG...
Thanks for the close inspection zzbuggs, we do clip ends if any wire does protrude the end cap even though any type of risk in this case is very unlikely but it must have missed the editing cut. We appreciate your suggestion and will make sure that point is highlighted as needed for those not familiar with their usage going forward.

Thanks again for your support and for being apart of the Maverick community!

OP
OP
F150LEDs

F150LEDs

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I installed these on mine. Less exposure and i think a neater look. My post is not intended to discredit or take away business from the LED folks who started this thread, but this is an information forum.
Hey Tom,

No offense taken! Everyone has different needs and standards! Our goal is to make sure we offer products with the best performing LED chips, highest quality build materials, and built by us specifically for Ford trucks. All of these features are why our price is significantly higher than amazon or ebay sellers, not to mention we offer customer support from real Ford Drivers who actually have experience with these products which you wont find with many other LED companies, if any.

I also want to point out we do offer replacement reverse bulbs for the maverick that are exceptionally bright for those who don't need the extreme output of our Reverse Spartan Kit!

https://www.f150leds.com/collection...ick-high-powered-cree-led-reverse-light-bulbs

OP
OP
F150LEDs

F150LEDs

2.0L EcoBoost
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Anyone notice that these lights are mounted with 1 screw (might as well be on a swivel).... which means every few days you'll be re-adjusting them and every time you'll say "just a little tighter this time" and we all know what happens next, stripped screw head (if you use an adjustable like in the video) or a snapped screw / clipnut.
This is a specific problem we addressed when developing our Spartan Kits and it's a very simple fix, we include lock washers in the hardware for these kits! Once they are tightened down fully vibration and friction won't cause the nut to loosen because of the tension the lock washer provides!
Sponsored