Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tremor 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hi all!
I made a YouTube video because there were too many tips to cover just in a simple thread I did this install without removing the crash bar under the bumper (Buschur removed that in his thread). I would budget about six hours (maybe less) to complete this. Because I did it on the tremor there were some extra cutting / fitting of the bumper cover. Still to-do not included on this is:
I’m going to add about 2 inches to the front of the steel skid plate and some captive bolts because the factory bolts arent Great.
Disclaimer My editing on youtube wasnt great(shot on my iphone) and might void warranty? Check with your dealership.
Note:I said torx t27 but the correct one is a t30.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks!

Ford Maverick Maverick intercooler install (CVF) IMG_6809

Ford Maverick Maverick intercooler install (CVF) IMG_6737
Sponsored

Last edited:

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
So with the cost of this and install time. I think I’m going with meth injection. Even cooler iat’s and more oct. this makes sense if towing a lot.

MaverickAngler

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That’s an interesting road I never thought of going down as I’ve never done it before. No you have my gears turning

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ford cars and a truck
Engine
Undecided
So with the cost of this and install time. I think I’m going with meth injection. Even cooler iat’s and more oct. this makes sense if towing a lot.
but the meth requires refilling but the fmic is once and done. Tune for it and you won’t need to touch it again, ever. I’ve got some cv stuff in my mustang and it’s good quality stuff.

710-oil-614

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Love it on a Tremor!!!!

Scares me to do death how bad I can damage it with it being the leading chin

Sponsored

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
but the meth requires refilling but the fmic is once and done. Tune for it and you won’t need to touch it again, ever. I’ve got some cv stuff in my mustang and it’s good quality stuff.
Oh course but so does your fuel. If you set it up appropriately say you are targeting 24psi boost and only have your meth start spraying at say 22 psi you only use it when you really need to. I have the setups on several vehicles instead of intercoolers and it’s very easy to manage. I can make a trip down to NC from mich and back without needed more meth in my tank. Obviously depends on how you wanna drive but it’s a very easy system to maintain and your res can be big enough to go oil change to oil change if you so choose. Plus you won’t get any added hp or knock protection with fmic but you get both and much more hp than a cooler. Remember intercoolers add zero power just prolong how long before it heat soaks and pulls timing and boost. Meth brings iat’s much lower than ambient and adds fuel, cooling, and Oct to the mix. So it’s even safer imo. Truck has 364k miles tuned with meth and hauls a lot of trailers it shouldn’t through the mountains and it’s been flawless.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Oh course but so does your fuel. If you set it up appropriately say you are targeting 24psi boost and only have your meth start spraying at say 22 psi you only use it when you really need to. I have the setups on several vehicles instead of intercoolers and it’s very easy to manage. I can make a trip down to NC from mich and back without needed more meth in my tank. Obviously depends on how you wanna drive but it’s a very easy system to maintain and your res can be big enough to go oil change to oil change if you so choose. Plus you won’t get any added hp or knock protection with fmic but you get both and much more hp than a cooler. Remember intercoolers add zero power just prolong how long before it heat soaks and pulls timing and boost. Meth brings iat’s much lower than ambient and adds fuel, cooling, and Oct to the mix. So it’s even safer imo. Truck has 364k miles tuned with meth and hauls a lot of trailers it shouldn’t through the mountains and it’s been flawless.
Just waiting to see your write up on install and the system you use and it's fitment on the Maverick.

Maverickman74

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco, 91 Comanche, 93 ZJ, 80 Eagle, Bicycle
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Nice to see one in a fellow Tremor. I really need to go have a talk with my service department on island. Gotta see what they will let me get away with. Got 25k of debt on this truck still can't risk my warranty, but if I can add this and airbox and a Panda tune, I will be happy with the added pep in the step.

VicRattlehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Couple ford cars and a truck
Engine
Undecided
How quick are you going thru a gallon? I do meth on a 4.6 supercharged Tbird because it doesn’t have an intercooler. I wish I could have an ic in that setup. I’d run meth on top of it too. I dunno imo I’d rather have the ic over the meth.

Sponsored

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Not sure I will on this truck. I may go full e85 and just reset the tables that are set for pulling. Timing and boost. But I have the same setup on my other ecoboost. Which would be the the same install and function on the 2.0 maverick as the 2.3 eco.

I run ally control setups installed by Livernois. Have had single port and direct port injection. For the mavericks if I got that route I’ll do single port probably with a spacer plate.

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How quick are you going thru a gallon? I do meth on a 4.6 supercharged Tbird because it doesn’t have an intercooler. I wish I could have an ic in that setup. I’d run meth on top of it too. I dunno imo I’d rather have the ic over the meth.
mine last along time cause I’m only spraying at higher boost while it’s in need of cooler temps and of course allows more timing and boost. I’m the opposite in no way can I wrap my head around an intercooler.

Same price when they are said and done and one only prolongs how long you have max power. The other adds significantly more power and safety. Everything works just fine and you have a light that tells you when it’s spraying. I can do a lot of spirited drivi without ever using the spray but when I go wide open it sprays. You can set it up for different nozzles and when it activates. No sense using it until you are up in the higher boost marks so it can last and easy 3k mile trip like when I go to Florida and back. Have the occasional spray for fun with some sports cars and still had plenty to come home with

Snox801

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150,Rs,gt500,rx8
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I could see if you were mainly using the truck as a towing rig the intercooler may be better as it would help keeps things cool longer and may heat soak up hills but down should cool off enough.

Mikknj

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mikk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT Luxury CO360
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi all!
I made a YouTube video because there were too many tips to cover just in a simple thread I did this install without removing the crash bar under the bumper (Buschur removed that in his thread). I would budget about six hours (maybe less) to complete this. Because I did it on the tremor there were some extra cutting / fitting of the bumper cover. Still to-do not included on this is:
I’m going to add about 2 inches to the front of the steel skid plate and some captive bolts because the factory bolts arent Great.
Disclaimer My editing on youtube wasnt great(shot on my iphone) and might void warranty? Check with your dealership.
Note:I said torx t27 but the correct one is a t30.
Let me know what you think.
Thanks!

IMG_6809.jpeg

IMG_6737.jpeg
Is it just me or does this last picture look like a MAC Truck? :cool:

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
maybe a tip, cut the plastic before permanently mounting the intercooler.
Sponsored