First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My dealer just confirmed that adding FX4 removes eco and slippery mode which is the mode for driving in ice/snow.
Wrong.

FX4 removes eco and sport mode, says so not once but twice in the Maverick brochure that was leaked.

So you do in fact still get slippery as well as the FX4 only modes.

Ford Maverick Maverick FX4 off-road capability? 78C07640-82D4-4EE6-BF34-C71C859C2251

Ford Maverick Maverick FX4 off-road capability? 3DA13549-BA09-4C25-B92B-75D3D444BE1F
Sponsored

Reactions: JJC

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which is the:
  • People used to salted/treated roads trying to drive in a TX once every 4 years ice storm on roads with the following layers from bottom to top:
  • road
  • ice
  • water
  • oil
  • with winds gusting to 65mph
mode?
Stay your ass at home mode. 🤣

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element/ Toyota Highlander
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
2nd this - my Honda Element has been down many trails and I've bottomed out many times. I've driven across unmowed fields and hit big ruts etc and as long as you keep it slow no problems.

I loved the small footprint and turning radius of the Element and it was a super flexible use vehicle - but it lacked room for camping gear when we had 4 people in it. This is why I'm getting the Maverick. It will do everything the Honda Element did and more and will give me more off road ability. The problem for most vehicles is not the little stuff - its the big holes/ruts -
<p>
I've seen other videos of people doing some good hills with Elements but again it's not an uneven surface -
He does hits some rocks in this video though -

<p>
Crazy thing is I never drive my wife's older Santa Fe and last weekend I realized it has a AWD lock button that engages the transfer clutch to transfer torque 50:50. We've never taken that vehicle off road but pretty cool to see that feature. These guys took a Santa Fe up the type of trail I expect Maverick owners might run into and likely the Maverick FX4 is going to have an advantage in performance -
<p>
The Maverick doesn't have a locking diff though and that's what it going to hurt any off road capabilities in my mind.
Pics from Hurrah Pass/Moab & Legit mud/snow/red clay of Utahs West Desert-
Ford Maverick Maverick FX4 off-road capability? Moab 1

Ford Maverick Maverick FX4 off-road capability? Moab 2

Ford Maverick Maverick FX4 off-road capability? Snow Element

Ford Maverick Maverick FX4 off-road capability? Mud

Bushmaster2000

First Name
Jones
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm hoping it's got at least some basic offroading chops. I need good snow traction plus i spent a good amount of my spring/fall at lakes which require a lot of gravel and dirt driving and sometimes that dirt is mud if it recently rained especially in the spring. I don't need it to rock crawl but it does need to get me to the lake on un-maintained dirt roads. That's why i got the 2L AWD model with FX4 package.

Rkbrumbelow

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HCH2, Hybrid XLT on order
Stay your ass at home mode. 🤣
We used to go out in our trucks and Jeep’s and call it 50$ to get you out of the ditch mode, but same thing. No we never left anyone stranded, but we did make a bit. Your mode is better.

Sponsored

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If anyone is that worried about light off-roading with the Maverick even with the FX4 package, I would suggest you cancel and either order a Bronco, give up and just get a corolla or come out to Utah and I can give yall an off- driving training session :) Here are a couple extreme off road pics that are removed on purpose from BLM trail /route maps- Buddys stock GX470 with just some K02S seen below-

Ford Maverick Maverick FX4 off-road capability? Off road extreme

Ford Maverick Maverick FX4 off-road capability? Off road extreme 2

Ford Maverick Maverick FX4 off-road capability? Off road extreme 3

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT/Lariat.. Undecided still :O
Pics from Hurrah Pass/Moab & Legit mud/snow/red clay of Utahs West Desert-
Moab 1.jpg

Moab 2.jpg

Snow Element.jpg

Mud.jpg
Yep, these confirm it. "SOFT-ROADER" not "OFF-ROADER"

Hell, those roads look less hazardous than some of our gravels down here in Southern Mo.

Brian_J

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 R6, HPR Maverick AWD 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Which is the:
  • People used to salted/treated roads trying to drive in a TX once every 4 years ice storm on roads with the following layers from bottom to top:
  • road
  • ice
  • water
  • oil
  • with winds gusting to 65mph
mode?
That’s the door dash mode. 😂

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is that worried about light off-roading with the Maverick even with the FX4 package, I would suggest you cancel and either order a Bronco, give up and just get a corolla or come out to Utah and I can give yall an off- driving training session :) Here are a couple extreme off road pics that are removed on purpose from BLM trail /route maps- Buddys stock GX470 with just some K02S seen below-

Off road extreme.jpg

Off road extreme 2.jpg

Off road extreme 3.jpg
Exactly, well said. No way an FX4 Maverick is rolling over any of that.

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yep, these confirm it. "SOFT-ROADER" not "OFF-ROADER"

Hell, those roads look less hazardous than some of our gravels down here in Southern Mo.
The harder sections are always the ones you are focused on driving and not picture taking. I can post more challenging pics if that will get you to sleep better tonight

Sponsored

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The harder sections are always the ones you are focused on driving and not picture taking. I can post more challenging pics if that will get you to sleep better tonight
You're not off-roading in an Element, but sure, let's see what you've got. Although you won't appease me, you'll probably give all of our hardcore, soft-roaders a nice chub.

22Mav

Banned
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm hoping it's got at least some basic offroading chops. I need good snow traction plus i spent a good amount of my spring/fall at lakes which require a lot of gravel and dirt driving and sometimes that dirt is mud if it recently rained especially in the spring. I don't need it to rock crawl but it does need to get me to the lake on un-maintained dirt roads. That's why i got the 2L AWD model with FX4 package.
It'll do you very well then! Exactly what the FX4 was intended for. Glad to see another with some realistic expectations and who will use it right up to what it was made for (y)

Nw_adventure

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You're not off-roading in an Element, but sure, let's see what you've got. Although you won't appease me, you'll probably give all of our hardcore, soft-roaders a nice chub.
Define off-roading in your mind ? If off-roading is just a definition of big ledge drops, rock crawling and getting busy on the Rubicon or Hells revenge to some then so be it- But that's not really where this is at. Element has rocked a ton of off road even with a donut spare and no skid plate in sight- Dont really care if it works for you or not- To be honest I have gone a number of places my friends Raptor couldnt go due to vehicle size but whatever- If folks are wanting to get into ledge/rock crawl stuff which requires lockers/35s then sure the Mav wont work but to see folks so worried about taking this puppy in Normal off road conditions makes no sense to me-

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
We used to go out in our trucks and Jeep’s and call it 50$ to get you out of the ditch mode, but same thing. No we never left anyone stranded, but we did make a bit. Your mode is better.
Before I moved, I used to cruise the beach and pull people out for free. Mostly tourists who have never driven off road and/or have a mindset of "I have 4WD; I am invincible!"

I actually had one tourist say to me, "I don't know why I got stuck. I had it in Sand Mode!"
Sponsored