john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox, redline. XLT,AWD,4KTOW,FX4 ,CO PILOT360
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

So I stopped at my favored hot dog stand to get a few dogs, I left engine running with AC on for my service dog,
less than 5 minutes came back, hot dog stand was less than 20 feet from my truck and all the doors were locked.
My phone was in the vehicle and I forgot the key pad code I set over a year ago, [ am old ] the right rear window was open about 3/4 for my dog
am 235 lbs theirs no way am getting my fat ass in that vehicle, pulling the door handle from the open window didn't help.
My hot dogs getting cold and am getting pissed a friend had the same idea and wanted a hot dog was pulling over he's half my size and we started to squeeze him through the 3/4 open widow as my real dog cleaned his face, it was all kind of funny I wasn't concerned about my dog the engine was running and ac was blasting and I had a full tank of gas. Should the doors LOCK with vehicle running? needless to say I set a new code for the keyless entry
and will always leave the drivers window open and phone in my pocket when stopping for hot dogs.
Ford Maverick Maverick doors lock after exiting motor running IMG_20230821_125047872
Sponsored