Maverick 1000 mile review

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
Just completed my first 1000 miles on my Lariat First Edition Area 51. Took a trip from OKC to Branson, MO and back. Loved how the truck handled on the road. The adaptive cruise control is fantastic as well as the lane centering. One thing about lane centering, when you change lanes your turn signal disengages it off until you center in the next lane and then it reengages. The adaptive cruise slows you down to match the speed of the vehicle in from of you then speeds you back to your cruising speed once you change lanes. Makes driving so much easier and you seldom have to hit you brakes. I had the same thing on my 21 Escape but driving the Mav is so much more fun. Using the ECO setup I got around 28 miles per gallon. Not bad for an AWD vehicle. Take yours out on the open road and give it a go. You'll love it too.
Ford Maverick Maverick 1000 mile review 20211203_121217
Sponsored

RevBo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Just completed my first 1000 miles on my Lariat First Edition Area 51. Took a trip from OKC to Branson, MO and back. Loved how the truck handled on the road. The adaptive cruise control is fantastic as well as the lane centering. One thing about lane centering, when you change lanes your turn signal disengages it off until you center in the next lane and then it reengages. The adaptive cruise slows you down to match the speed of the vehicle in from of you then speeds you back to your cruising speed once you change lanes. Makes driving so much easier and you seldom have to hit you brakes. I had the same thing on my 21 Escape but driving the Mav is so much more fun. Using the ECO setup I got around 28 miles per gallon. Not bad for an AWD vehicle. Take yours out on the open road and give it a go. You'll love it too.
20211203_121217.jpg
Congrats and what a beauty! I, along with many others, anxiously await our Mav's. The black rims and tires look great! Happy 2022!

Proflig8tor

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gulfstream / Grumman AA5B
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Great looking truck. How is the B&O sound system? Been trying to find a review

Last edited:
OP
OP
pjlawton

pjlawton

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick First Edition Lariat
Great looking truck. How is the B&O sound system? Been trying to find a review
The sound was great. I listened to SiriusXM on the trip and sounded really good. But, I don't turn mine up very loud.
Sponsored