Mav Tonneaus and rain

Mllombardi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XL
Engine
Undecided
I have a TruXeo TruXport on my Colorado. It has worked very well and I get minimal water entry, even in driving rain and storms.

I like roll-up tonneaus, but I am a bit concerned that many on this forum have reported the TruXport seems short and would seal better if a bit longer. Does the ProX15 seem to fit well, or does it suffer a bit in length as well? How is the fabric relative to vinyl in regards to cleaning? Pollen season is a challenge in East Tennessee for vinyl tonneaus.
I too have read the reports of short covers and the ProX15 I have is not short. It fits perfectly.
As for pollen, good point. I guess Iā€™ll learn in the spring. Since itā€™s fabric Iā€™m thinking pollen is going to collect in the texture.
Sponsored

Red Ryder

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT Iconic Silver
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I too have read the reports of short covers and the ProX15 I have is not short. It fits perfectly.
As for pollen, good point. I guess Iā€™ll learn in the spring. Since itā€™s fabric Iā€™m thinking pollen is going to collect in the texture.
Thanks for the info. I think I may try the ProX15. As for the pollen, I may be in for daily washes this spring! I wonder if this fabric be protected (UV) with 303 Protectant? It works very well on the vinyl.

Mav_27

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Iā€™ve owned 2 Truxport covers and am concerned after reading about being too short. I contacted Truxedo to inquire and got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Truxedo!

The Truxport mounts to the top of the bed. I have had customers complain its too short. The cover does not have much wiggle room at all. The design was approved by Ford. I have some photos showing the install if that helps.

The Truxport cover is only designed to cover the opening of the bed. When I send photos to customers I never hear back so Iā€™m assuming it works.

If fitment is a concern, I recommend the Lopro cover. Fits much nicer on the inside and comes with a lifetime warranty. šŸ˜Š

Let me know if you have any questions.