First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It will not accept my VIN for some reason. I have triple-checked the VIN number.
That's strange. Mine went through ok. Open Ford Pass app, click on Account, click your Maverick and then Copy the VIN and paste into the form. Or paste into an email and send it to yourself. Not sure if that will help or not.

TarpDogg

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To follow up on my issue, two dealers now have not been able to pinpoint what could be causing the P0811 or the sudden loss of power and warning to pull over. I may be taking it back to the big city dealer to have it sit there for a while to see if they can figure something out. Hate not having it to be able to drive my relatively brand new vehicle. Until Ford figures it out for sure, there's nothing they can really do I guess. I did file a complaint with NHTSA. Thankfully both dealers have been very helpful in trying to figure it out, but as of yet, no solution.

jimbo722

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I stated earlier, I was contacted yesterday via email by someone at the NHTSA regarding my complaint, they are following up with a phone call later this afternoon. I will keep everyone posted as to what transpires during the call.

Thanks!

Sponsored

jimbo722

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
As I stated earlier, I was contacted yesterday via email by someone at the NHTSA regarding my complaint, they are following up with a phone call later this afternoon. I will keep everyone posted as to what transpires during the call.

Thanks!
I just got off the phone with the NHTSA and they basically asked me details of every time I lost power, including how fast I was going, light, moderate or heavy acceleration, whether or not I lost steering and/or braking, etc. They asked me if I ever had an instance that I couldn't start the vehicle, I told them it was in the shop now for the deep sleep/dead maverick issue. They also said it would be helpful if I had the service record for the date I brought it in (which I don't, but I will ask my dealer for a copy of it. They also said they can contact Ford directly to gather information they might have regarding their communications with the dealership's service dept. regarding this issue. They told me I'm not the only one reporting this issue and the more people report it the better.
That's all I have.

Salt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
To follow up on my issue, two dealers now have not been able to pinpoint what could be causing the P0811 or the sudden loss of power and warning to pull over. I may be taking it back to the big city dealer to have it sit there for a while to see if they can figure something out. Hate not having it to be able to drive my relatively brand new vehicle. Until Ford figures it out for sure, there's nothing they can really do I guess. I did file a complaint with NHTSA. Thankfully both dealers have been very helpful in trying to figure it out, but as of yet, no solution.

Salt

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My 2022 hybrid XLT is currently in the shop now for the same reason P0811 (stop safely now message happened 3x during hard acceleration)
The local dealership did not know what to do so they put a call into Ford and Ford has them pulling the Transaxle.
My truck only has 1100 miles on it. I must admit, I am not happy. I have never heard of anyone with any new car of any brand being in a situation like this. I really hope Ford fixes this right. I do like the truck.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My 2022 hybrid XLT is currently in the shop now for the same reason P0811 (stop safely now message happened 3x during hard acceleration)
The local dealership did not know what to do so they put a call into Ford and Ford has them pulling the Transaxle.
My truck only has 1100 miles on it. I must admit, I am not happy. I have never heard of anyone with any new car of any brand being in a situation like this. I really hope Ford fixes this right. I do like the truck.
It happens from Time to Time; my BMW M5 needed a new transmission at 2500 miles; it wasn't shifting correctly. All modern M cars can not be driven like it's stolen until the 2500-mile service is completed. So I hadn't got on the car yet. It took 3.5 weeks for a new transmission to arrive.

Last edited:
Sponsored

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 KIA Sportage X-Line Prestige PHEV
Engine
Undecided
That's strange. Mine went through ok. Open Ford Pass app, click on Account, click your Maverick and then Copy the VIN and paste into the form. Or paste into an email and send it to yourself. Not sure if that will help or not.
Finally got it to accept my VIN and reported it as well.

PaulM

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Today was the third time it happened to me and I can tell you, third time is not a charm.... Sent my notice to NHTSA. My wife is concerned about driving the Maverick now, and that's not good. It's on its way to dealership tomorrow with hope that Ford will get the message that this problem is an accident waiting to happen.... It's still a great "trucklet" but this problem is unacceptable.

jimbo722

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Not acceptable at all. We're ready to move on and go with something more reliable. Mine is now in the shop for the 2nd time for the deep sleep mode issue, which is another major headache. The first time in for this issue they said it was a cold solder joint, 2 days later, it did it again, so it's back in the shop (again) I think I've driven it for 2 days in the last 5 weeks. Meanwhile, they still haven't addressed the shut-down issue you, me, and others are having. Very disappointing.

Eagle11

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Boxster S, 2018 BMW M5, Ducati's, Suzuki's
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Today was the third time it happened to me and I can tell you, third time is not a charm.... Sent my notice to NHTSA. My wife is concerned about driving the Maverick now, and that's not good. It's on its way to dealership tomorrow with hope that Ford will get the message that this problem is an accident waiting to happen.... It's still a great "trucklet" but this problem is unacceptable.
If your wife does not feel safe driving the Maverick, that is your ticket to get out of the truck. NO manufacturer wants to hear that. I had a BMW X5, and it would stalled on me, the last time it did that was when I was making a left turn, and it stalled. When it stalled, it wouldn't start, so here I was in the middle of the intersection... When the X5 and I arrived at the dealership, I had a meeting with the service manager, and I stated, "I do not feel safe driving this SAU." The dealership worked out a deal for me to get a new X5 for the same payments. Remember, happy wife, Happy life.

PaulM

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Well it happened again, this time when I asked the truck to go from 45mph to 55mph using over 50% power. I'm beginning to see a pattern. Asking the engine to power up over 50% seems to trigger the shut-down. The alert indicates an Electrical system fault in the High-voltage battery. I'm wondering if the HVB is sensing a power surge and shut's down to protect itself like a surge protector connected to a computer, then, it senses normal power and self-resets. I was able to restart with no problem (except for the "check engine light" on) and go on my way. If there is any truth to this as a surge problem, perhaps the sensor is set too low? Dealership is closed for weekend and holiday, so won't be able to get it checked until later. In meantime, I'll keep trucking.
Sponsored