First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
My Maverick just popped up on United Road so it seems like I might hit 16 days to dealer as well! Had a weird feeling it was gonna pop up today! Just called my sales guy and left a message, pretty sure I found out before him haha
That's great news hope it comes in soon! I'm hoping moms hybrid has quick delivery as well, she's stoked for it!
Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
That's great news hope it comes in soon! I'm hoping moms hybrid has quick delivery as well, she's stoked for it!
Awesome! Hoping to hear back tonight on next steps for financing and getting the bed line-x’d

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Called the dealer, my salesman had the last few days off since hes ill. They confirmed that the truck is in my name and is marked as “SOLD”. Once its physically there they will contact me!

OP
OP
Portcqb

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT Lux 2.0 AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As some have mentioned in other threads seems like we will want to make something to cover the drivers side bed area behind the tire. The passenger side is covered and clear inside but the drivers side is open to the ground and is getting plenty of road spray. Picked the truck up around noon Saturday and have only driven 50 miles and you can already see the salt running out around the bed light and inner area is coated behind the tail light.
Ford Maverick Maine Orders/Owners IMG_20220111_161758

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
As some have mentioned in other threads seems like we will want to make something to cover the drivers side bed area behind the tire. The passenger side is covered and clear inside but the drivers side is open to the ground and is getting plenty of road spray. Picked the truck up around noon Saturday and have only driven 50 miles and you can already see the salt running out around the bed light and inner area is coated behind the tail light.
IMG_20220111_161758.jpg
I heard some people had luck with Mudflaps preventing this from happening. The Rokblokz Mudflaps I ordered just came in. Once I have the truck back in Maine I plan on putting these on immediately and will report back.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Portcqb

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I heard some people had luck with Mudflaps preventing this from happening. The Rokblokz Mudflaps I ordered just came in. Once I have the truck back in Maine I plan on putting these on immediately and will report back.
Yah I'm debating on ordering the the molded splash guards and grab a tailgate damper at the same time. I'm concerned with the shape of the molded guards ice and slush will probably buildup quick and rip them off when the tire hits it. I'll have to look at the Rokblokz ones as an option.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yah I'm debating on ordering the the molded splash guards and grab a tailgate damper at the same time. I'm concerned with the shape of the molded guards ice and slush will probably buildup quick and rip them off when the tire hits it. I'll have to look at the Rokblokz ones as an option.
I would go with Rokblokz, they are pretty sturdy, cheaper ($150 for a full set for rear and front) and seem to cover more of an area. If you need help deciding I can show you them once they're mounted.

OP
OP
Portcqb

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I would go with Rokblokz, they are pretty sturdy, cheaper ($150 for a full set for rear and front) and seem to cover more of an area. If you need help deciding I can show you them once they're mounted.
Yah they look like they wont have the slush catching issue the ford ones would since they are flat. The Rokblokz also seem to stick out a little further which should help with tires kicking up rocks I've already heard the Falkens ping a few off somewhere. I'll hold off if you will be installing them soon and see what you think of the process and what they are covering. You can actually get the ford molded ones cheaper for both front and rear set together shipped from Schultz Ford for just under $85

MaineAssassin

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Sheldon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-450, Flex, Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
IMG_20220111_161758.jpg
I'll have to eyeball that as with the cap on I don't see it as readily.

For the tailgate dampener one important thing to note is the bottle opener has to be moved to the passenger side for it to clear properly and if you have the factory spray in liner you will now have a gap where that used to be. It's a small thing but it annoys me.

OP
OP
Portcqb

Portcqb

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

For the tailgate dampener one important thing to note is the bottle opener has to be moved to the passenger side for it to clear properly and if you have the factory spray in liner you will now have a gap where that used to be. It's a small thing but it annoys me.
Yah I've seen a few people bend them or fab a replacement to mount back on not positive on getting one yet. Once the tonneau is on and I use tailgate more accidently dropping it may happen more is my thought.

Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

if you have the factory spray in liner you will now have a gap where that used to be. It's a small thing but it annoys me.
Black sharpie should cover it up ;)

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
IMG_20220111_161758.jpg
I was wondering if that area would be a problem, after seeing some of the pics and videos of the underside. The crap they apply to the roads here in Maine should be banned.

Rant over. Has anyone looked into undercoating? There seem to be a lot of exposed and vulnerable areas that could stand to be covered or otherwise protected. I haven't looked for any other threads about this yet, but I can't be the only person who's concerned.

Wx Man

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Hendricus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I was wondering if that area would be a problem, after seeing some of the pics and videos of the underside. The crap they apply to the roads here in Maine should be banned.

Rant over. Has anyone looked into undercoating? There seem to be a lot of exposed and vulnerable areas that could stand to be covered or otherwise protected. I haven't looked for any other threads about this yet, but I can't be the only person who's concerned.
Yes...I am going to have mine completely undercoated before I take it home. Best to do it before you put any miles on it. Having it done at Casco Bay Ford. https://www.cascobayford.com/rust-protection.html

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yah they look like they wont have the slush catching issue the ford ones would since they are flat. The Rokblokz also seem to stick out a little further which should help with tires kicking up rocks I've already heard the Falkens ping a few off somewhere. I'll hold off if you will be installing them soon and see what you think of the process and what they are covering. You can actually get the ford molded ones cheaper for both front and rear set together shipped from Schultz Ford for just under $85
I got the molded ones from the Ford parts website. They were positioned as being front only in the pictures, but front and rear by description. Should I have gotten 2 pair?

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
United Road updated at 2:30pm yesterday as my Maverick being "in route" hoping its delivered sometime today, want to get financials sorted ASAP so I can stop stressing about rates lol. Anyone got any tips for the financial side of things? Planning to use the $500 I put down for reservation combined with the student $750 bonus cash for the down payment then financing the rest. My credit score is alot better than I thought so not worried about that.
Sponsored

Last edited: