First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 STX, 2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hey I see that more then a few of us have brought our New 2022 Ford Mavericks home (we’ll my Wife took hers home:) If Fat Boys in Brunswick Maine opens this year we should all try to get together on a Saturday or Sunday in, like, June to show off our Mavericks and chat about all of our likes, dislike, issues (if any) and how our dealers are treating us. Oh and eat some great food in our Mavericks. If they don’t open this year we can pick another place for sure like Days Crab Meat in Yarmouth or Kens in Scarborough or even Cabela’s in Scarborough, they have a huge parking lot and maybe they’ll have some ammo too. (Just kidding for the non gun people;) I’m sure we all can pick a place close enough to have some Maverick fun. So some names on the potential list are Travis, Liz, Eric, Justin, Sheldon and Jared, to name a few. Just a thought:) Happy New Year to all of us. May it be a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year for all of us and our families and our true friends too:)
Sponsored

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sonata Hybrid, 2023 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey I see that more then a few of us have brought our New 2022 Ford Mavericks home (we’ll my Wife took hers home:) If Fat Boys in Brunswick Maine opens this year we should all try to get together on a Saturday or Sunday in, like, June to show off our Mavericks and chat about all of our likes, dislike, issues (if any) and how our dealers are treating us. Oh and eat some great food in our Mavericks. If they don’t open this year we can pick another place for sure like Days Crab Meat in Yarmouth or Kens in Scarborough or even Cabela’s in Scarborough, they have a huge parking lot and maybe they’ll have some ammo too. (Just kidding for the non gun people;) I’m sure we all can pick a place close enough to have some Maverick fun. So some names on the potential list are Travis, Liz, Eric, Justin, Sheldon and Jared, to name a few. Just a thought:) Happy New Year to all of us. May it be a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year for all of us and our families and our true friends too:)
Happy New Year to you! Hopefully my hybrid ordered November 1 will arrive before the end of summer so I can attend a Maine Maverick owner meet-up. I'll be watching this thread. Also, as one Vietnam veteran to another, welcome home. USN, 1969-73.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Happy New Year to you! Hopefully my hybrid ordered November 1 will arrive before the end of summer so I can attend a Maine Maverick owner meet-up. I'll be watching this thread. Also, as one Vietnam veteran to another, welcome home. USN, 1969-73.
Right back at cha too! I was USN 1969-73 too!!!!! I was in Great Lakes Illinois for Boot Camp November 17th
1969 freezing my well propotioned ass off;) that's freaking funny 😄

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Right back at cha too! I was USN 1969-73 too!!!!! I was in Great Lakes Illinois for Boot Camp November 17th
1969 freezing my well propotioned ass off;) that's freaking funny 😄
It seems that we'll have a few stories to exchange, but obviously not on this forum. Nevertheless, I was there January 30, Company 072, just 10 miles east of my hometown. Stayed at Great Lakes for GM school. Hey, try not to freeze your a** off today, OK?

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It seems that we'll have a few stories to exchange, but obviously not on this forum. Nevertheless, I was there January 30, Company 072, just 10 miles east of my hometown. Stayed at Great Lakes for GM school. Hey, try not to freeze your a** off today, OK?
Ha ha ha thank you, I went to Radio A school after boot camp about a 3 hour bus ride from Connecticut where I was originally from. Been in Maine over 40 years at this point.

Sponsored

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ha ha ha thank you, I went to Radio A school after boot camp about a 3 hour bus ride from Connecticut where I was originally from. Been in Maine over 40 years at this point.
I spent a year after boot camp at GM school, ASROC was my specialty. Went to San Diego, May 1970, to the USS Lynde McCormick DDG-8. I didn't get to Maine until 2003.

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds great! I would love to go to a meetup once mine is in!

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I spent a year after boot camp at GM school, ASROC was my specialty. Went to San Diego, May 1970, to the USS Lynde McCormick DDG-8. I didn't get to Maine until 2003.
I was on the Wainwright DLG-28 out of Charleston SC and did a Westpac around the world cruise. We were part of Operation Ivory Coast in Nov 1970 too. It almost seems like a lifetime ago:)

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was on the Wainwright DLG-28 out of Charleston SC and did a Westpac around the world cruise. We were part of Operation Ivory Coast in Nov 1970 too. It almost seems like a lifetime ago:)

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds great! I would love to go to a meetup once mine is in!
Yours will be here before you know it:) they got the bugs worked out with us early adapters so I think they'll be cranking them out much faster now that the Holidays are over;) Her's took 5 months and 21 days to put it in our driveway;) and it went by like 5 months and 21 days:)

Last edited:
Sponsored

tomahawk72

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yours will be here before you know it:) they got the bugs worked out with us early adapters so I think they'll be cranking then our much faster now that the Holidays are over;) Her's took 5 months and 21 days to put in our driveway;) and it went by like 5 months and 21 days:)
Awesome! Mine is actually a stock order I managed to nab, only difference from my cancelled order is the color and this one is non-lux! Otherwise I got other nice features so I dont mind!

7Litre

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Indeed it was.

Woodsman27

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick, 07 335I, 93 240sx
I'd be down for a maverick meet! Also would be interested to hear how your Great mistakes experiences differ from mine. I was there in 15' and imagine it was much more relaxed than when you guys were there 😅. (Currently a CM in the reserves)

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
That sounds like a great idea, I'm in if my Hybrid ever gets here. From the comments above it looks like it will also be a Great Mistakes reunion as well, USN 87 to 91 USS Dwight D Eisenhower.
PS. if FatBoys is closed maybe we can meet up at the cribstone bridge in Harpswell.

OP
OP
Mainer500

Mainer500

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'd be down for a maverick meet! Also would be interested to hear how your Great mistakes experiences differ from mine. I was there in 15' and imagine it was much more relaxed than when you guys were there 😅. (Currently a CM in the reserves)
Ha ha ha yes things were a bit chaotic back then but coming back to America was worse. No welcome home stuff, it was different but I kind of explained things to a lot people and I always felt better after our "discussions" :) that's why we live in Maine, VERY Veteran friendly and welcoming. Great place to raise a family too.
Sponsored