Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

My side markers arrived today and I installed them. Pretty straight forward. Getting the clips out was the toughest part!
I did notice that the headlight plugs have some electrical tape wraped around them, precautionary I guess, to keep them from becoming unclipped. They look awesome and they are BRIGHT!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ksc83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can you define "fall off" please? I have a fresh set of the Air Designs, and was thinking about installing the fronts without the glue & 3M tape, so I could easily remove them in the event I need to pull the bumper off. If the rivets are not holding, I have a bag of screw & nut clip retainers I could use instead.

HRG
I forgot to take photos during the day. These will have to work. They are holding tight around the wheel well. Itā€™s just the double stick tape thatā€™s failing and I attribute that to the high pressure of the car wash. Even my diamondback cover leaks from the car wash. In the photos itā€™s the rear drivers side and Iā€™m looking down from above. I can easily fit two quarters stack on top of each other in the crack. I didnā€™t use the glue they provided and perhaps that would have fixed the problem. But Iā€™d rather they come off ā€œeasilyā€ in case I needed to remove them for example to put on a brush guard than have them stuck for life. Itā€™s easy enough to buy another roll of the tape and re apply them.
Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_6478
Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_6479
Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_6482

Hot Runr Guy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Edge SEL, 2024 Lariat AWD BAP 4K
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I forgot to take photos during the day. These will have to work. They are holding tight around the wheel well. Itā€™s just the double stick tape thatā€™s failing and I attribute that to the high pressure of the car wash. Even my diamondback cover leaks from the car wash. In the photos itā€™s the rear drivers side and Iā€™m looking down from above. I can easily fit two quarters stack on top of each other in the crack. I didnā€™t use the glue they provided and perhaps that would have fixed the problem. But Iā€™d rather they come off ā€œeasilyā€ in case I needed to remove them for example to put on a brush guard than have them stuck for life. Itā€™s easy enough to buy another roll of the tape and re apply them.
Thanks! HRG

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I've been considering these, but some have voiced fitment issues and I see a little gap at the bottom where they don't quite meet up with the trim. Ford has the Air Design, but they're $660. I haven't heard whether they fit any better or not. I would hope so for the difference in price. šŸ˜¬
I got the Mabett flares and they look great! The fit is just fine and the price is just great!

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_0264

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_0262

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I used clear silicone to stick the flair to the paint in situations like the small gaps that you have and it worked perfectly. The sticky tape did not hold in some areas. Also, I used a heat gun to bend the tabs on the flair (not all the push pin locations were 90 degrees from the fender). The heat gun worked great for that. Another small tip: I lightly sanded the edge where I thought it might rub on the paint. They will not just fall off. I assure you that I have went over 90 mph and no issues. Good luck with your installation.

20231028_115831_resized.jpg
I did the same with clear silicone glue solved the problem.

Sponsored

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did the same with some clear silicone glue. Problem solved.

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_0259

Halo9x

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT 2023
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

While I was able to place the order, the flares probably won't ship for another 2-3 weeks. The side marker lights shipped yesterday.
When you get them I recommend getting a roll or 2 of 3M double sided tape in order to add some extra adhesive. Either that or some clear silicone glue. The flares are great but could use some extra adhesive.

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_0264

OP
OP

Madaket46

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

When you get them I recommend getting a roll or 2 of 3M double sided tape in order to add some extra adhesive. Either that or some clear silicone glue. The flares are great but could use some extra adhesive.

IMG_0264.jpeg

IMG_0262.jpeg
Thanks, will do!

ksc83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a slight incident with my drivers side Air Design Fender Flare and unfortunately they dont sell them individually. I will need to replace it and I'm considering just slapping the Mabett one there. Figured since I had them both out, I would send photos of them side by side. Now that I can compare them more closely, the air design one is thicker but not anything overly crazy. There is also an additional section that has the double stick tape. Minus a slightly different look, they both take up the same exact area and are the same size. What is interesting is that the Mabett ones do not come with any silicone glue. So I wonder if they will hold better or equally.

I do think that considering Air Design only sells in the set (and pricey at that). I would lean towards Mabett if I was going to buy a set for the first time. You can buy two sets so you have spares and still come out ahead price wise.

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_7198.JPG

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_7199.JPG

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_7200.JPG

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_7201.JPG

Ford Maverick Mabett Fender Flares IMG_7203.JPG

ksc83

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I had a slight incident with my drivers side Air Design Fender Flare and unfortunately they dont sell them individually. I will need to replace it and I'm considering just slapping the Mabett one there. Figured since I had them both out, I would send photos of them side by side. Now that I can compare them more closely, the air design one is thicker but not anything overly crazy. There is also an additional section that has the double stick tape. Minus a slightly different look, they both take up the same exact area and are the same size. What is interesting is that the Mabett ones do not come with any silicone glue. So I wonder if they will hold better or equally.

I do think that considering Air Design only sells in the set (and pricey at that). I would lean towards Mabett if I was going to buy a set for the first time. You can buy two sets so you have spares and still come out ahead price wise.

IMG_7198.JPG

IMG_7199.JPG

IMG_7200.JPG

IMG_7201.JPG

IMG_7203.JPG

So I learned today that I can in fact buy the air design fender flares on their own. It's $130 something plus $50 for shipping. It would take 4 weeks to special order it. So with that being said, considering that I paid way less for all 4 of the Mabett ones, I think I'll just pull the air design ones off since they are already starting to fall off on their own in under a year, and stick the mabett ones on. Then I'll just order another set if one ever needs to be replaced.

I should also disclose that the air design ones say you need to glue them down in addition to the double stick tape. I did not actually do this and that could be why they are falling off. At the same time, I've had a ton of car parts over the years that were held on with just the double stick tape and never came off so maybe it is a YMMV type of thing.
Sponsored