First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hybrid XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Posted before about my floppy Tonneau, was thinking one solution may be to add a set of clamps to the middle section of the Tonneau from the inside...ideally something with a triangle screw or some kind of quick release. Anyone try this and have a clamp they recommend? OR does anyone know of a clamp like this that would work? Maybe I should just purchase two C-Clamp locking pliers?

Someone else said additional cross-beams would help, or a tailgate seal kit. Please let me know if you've had success with any of these. Doubt you can buy additional cross-beams, could probably cut some wood pieces and attach them to the cover somehow...

Thanks
Sponsored

BOB225DUSTER

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 xlt atlas blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Check Real truck site. They have all sorts of parts for Tonneau covers. I know if you google it amazon will also have parts.

Haven't got my truck yet ...April production. Picked up a ford soft trifold and was thinking about adding a clamp to the middle also if flexes to much in the wind. I had soft roll up ones in the past which caught the wind on the highways but not an issue for me. Not sure how the unclamped middle of the trifold will react so was looking into it also.

post if you find something that works

MYMAVXL

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
If you have the Ford soft folding cover…. I do, and had a lot of buffeting too. I added some strong double sided tape between the cover fabric and the cross bars. Not perfect, but big difference!

flynomore

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 F350, '15 Mazda 6,
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I used the foam pipe insulation on the cross tubes to tighten the cover up. Seems to help quite a bit and hardly noticeable.