Sponsored

Long McArthur Ford Free shipping - not if you take the Ford financing?

Johanssont

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
I ordered my Maverick from Long McArthur because of their reputation and because they offered free shipping up to 1,000 miles. I live in Salt Lake City so it was just on the edge of free delivery.

I ordered in January so I was locked into the financing Ford offered at the time. 0% for 36 months, .9% for 48 months and 1.9% for 60 months.

Going from 1.9% interest to 4.5% interest over 5 years is roughly $2k so obviously I do not want to give up the financing.

I just got a call from long McArthur saying I could accept the ford financing or the free delivery but only one or the other. It was explained that Ford only offers either free delivery or lower finance rates. This seems borderline shady, I specifically ordered from them because of the free delivery.

LM offered to ship the vehicle for $1,200. I could have ordered from a local dealership and ended up ahead of the game.

They did offer to pay my fuel cost if I drive to Kansas to pick up the car.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Correct. Over the past year I have heard FordVideoGuy restate that policy about a dozen times. Probably more. Usually I have heard it phrased less in regards to a mileage limit, and more about a dollar/cost limit of $1,000. Finance with them and they will pay for up to $1,000 of your travel expenses to come get it yourself (flights, hotels, etc....), or they will pay $1,000 of the shipping cost.

Not to be confused with their willingness to set up a "courtesy delivery" to your local Ford Dealership (it never goes to Kansas at all). If that arrangement is made at time of order (I don't think it can be done after?), then there is usually just a small fee to be worked out that is paid to the local dealer to handle the delivery to you. Not sure who foots the bill for that, but probably a similar arrangement.

OP
OP

Johanssont

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Impreza
So finance with LM but not through Ford?

When I placed the order I was very clear about financing through Ford and also about having it delivered to Salt Lake City. I understand the salesperson is not the FordVideoGuy but they should be working from the same script.

The way the Salesperson explained it to me he said Ford would only offer one or the other.

The way you explain it it sounds like I get $1,000 towards delivery if I finance through Long McArthur (not Ford) because they would then have a financial incentive.

Ford is completely out of the free delivery incentive so the salesperson misrepresented the program?

Why would they not set up a courtesy delivery when I ordered? Seems like it would save everyone a lot of money and time.

Last edited:

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Courtesy delivery can be a headache for them to establish since they have to cold call your local dealerships and basically say "Please do this for us". The local dealership has no obligation to help out. Which is why it sometimes takes some $$$ to get a "yes". It's extra work for both dealerships.
Sponsored