Sponsored

Lobo intercooler upgrade

OP
OP
Badluckinc

Badluckinc

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Aug 14, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
139
Reaction score
275
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
I looked at the acc DIY add on thread and the 24 to 25 is different. After a couple weeks talking with cvf. They won't have any thing available for a while to remount the acc module. So options are to get rid of it for now or buy a universal remounting bracket, probably go this route and get it out from in front of the intercooler. Found one that might work but isn't cheap.

https://a.co/d/6tAq8QA
Sponsored

 

fstlan3

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 8, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
125
Reaction score
178
Location
Lauderdale
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
How much different is this? I know they offer these for the Corsair and they have the same location for the CCM. Maybe nobody verified? I guess I should buy one to confirm
 
OP
OP
Badluckinc

Badluckinc

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Aug 14, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
139
Reaction score
275
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
How much different is this? I know they offer these for the Corsair and they have the same location for the CCM. Maybe nobody verified? I guess I should buy one to confirm
Have a link to one?
 
OP
OP
Badluckinc

Badluckinc

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Aug 14, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
139
Reaction score
275
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 

Sponsored

fstlan3

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Jan 8, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
125
Reaction score
178
Location
Lauderdale
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Oh yeah, the intercooler is the same. Thought you knew of a bracket for the corsair that moved the acc.
No but also it appears not to be mentioned really anywhere that it needed to be moved. I can see though the Maverick might have less clearance however. I think the Corsair has more chin
 
OP
OP
Badluckinc

Badluckinc

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Aug 14, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
139
Reaction score
275
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
**Update**

Intercooler is installed! Just used to acc bracket from a 25 ford maverick tremor. Part # SZ6Z14C022A.

The panel in front of the active aero shutters will either have to be removed or trimmed to fit like I did. Once the radar is relocated the rest of the install is the same.

Ford Maverick Lobo intercooler upgrade 20250419_122003


Ford Maverick Lobo intercooler upgrade 20250419_122028


Ford Maverick Lobo intercooler upgrade 20250419_122617


Ford Maverick Lobo intercooler upgrade 20250419_130858


Ford Maverick Lobo intercooler upgrade 20250419_154108
 

Snoopy

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Jason
Joined
Sep 10, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
23
Reaction score
35
Location
Maryland
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Jeep Gladiator, Maverick LOBO
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Post digging. Just started researching Intercoolers for the Lobo with ACC and this thread popped up on google. I know its still in the general location, just a foot and some change higher maybe. Did you have to do any recalibrating for the sensor?
 
OP
OP
Badluckinc

Badluckinc

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
First Name
Joe
Joined
Aug 14, 2024
Threads
19
Messages
139
Reaction score
275
Location
Indiana
Vehicle(s)
2025 Lobo
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
Post digging. Just started researching Intercoolers for the Lobo with ACC and this thread popped up on google. I know its still in the general location, just a foot and some change higher maybe. Did you have to do any recalibrating for the sensor?
I didn't but results may vary. Some have had to get it recalibrate.
 
Sponsored

roblobo

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Robert
Joined
Oct 12, 2025
Threads
0
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Location
Clinton TWP. MI.
Vehicle(s)
2025 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Some more pictures.

Messenger_creation_B727FE6E-60FB-4B31-AED2-E175BDA24873.jpg

**Update**

Intercooler is installed! Just used to acc bracket from a 25 ford maverick tremor. Part # SZ6Z14C022A.

The panel in front of the active aero shutters will either have to be removed or trimmed to fit like I did. Once the radar is relocated the rest of the install is the same.

20250419_122003.jpg


20250419_122028.jpg


20250419_122617.jpg


20250419_130858.jpg


20250419_154108.jpg

20250419_173057.jpg

[/QUOTE
I installed my intercooler last week and I was wondering did you have to cut the bottom clip in supports that held the bottom original/stock intercooler off? I had to cut about a half inch of to get the tubes to reach , but I think I’m gonna take in back apart and cut more off when I install the black wire mesh to protect the intercooler some.
 

Jawny

2.0L EcoBoost
Member
First Name
Wess
Joined
Sep 17, 2022
Threads
2
Messages
24
Reaction score
7
Location
New Jersey
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs
 
I didn't but results may vary. Some have had to get it recalibrate.
I followed @Badluckinc instructions and everything works fine. I did the recalibrations for the CCM, IMPA using forscan because my Lobo is lowered on eibach springs. Everything works great, still having issues with ACC when passing tractor trailers (initiates brakes and warnings) but this seems to be an issue with all models using ACC.

Ford Maverick Lobo intercooler upgrade IMG_4510


Ford Maverick Lobo intercooler upgrade IMG_4542
 

stangg17

2.0L EcoBoost
Well-known member
Joined
Aug 15, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
147
Reaction score
173
Location
Chicago
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I followed @Badluckinc instructions and everything works fine. I did the recalibrations for the CCM, IMPA using forscan because my Lobo is lowered on eibach springs. Everything works great, still having issues with ACC when passing tractor trailers (initiates brakes and warnings) but this seems to be an issue with all models using ACC.

IMG_4510.webp


IMG_4542.webp
Nice work! For the record, I've had mine on since the beginning of summer and had the dealer recalibrate the ACC but it did not work. Still having issues with passing trucks on the HW. I've actually just gotten used to lighting overriding the gas so that it doesn't slam on the brakes. Hopefully someone is able to figure this out?
Sponsored

 
 







Top