Sponsored

Just picked up my FX4 Lariat this morning! Highly recommend Walnut Creek Ford if you’re in the area.

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Congrats to you! Great pics and thanks for posting. Any surprises that you didn't expect? Also, let us know what you think of the 225/65R17 Pirelli Scorpion ATR's. How they look to you and the ride. Thanks much.
Thank you!

Good surprises: ride is more comfortable than I thought it’d be. The driver’s seat is super comfortable too. The Lariat interior is really nice; even the blue/brown seats. I got the upgraded B&O speakers — I’m not a sound snob, but I think they sound really good. The bed is also more spacious than I was expecting. Ground clearance was better in person than photos I’ve seen… must’ve been the angle!

Bad surprises: no rear defroster or garage door opener. I probably would’ve known this if I’d combed the latest build+price or manual, but it was a surprise all the same. The water bottle holders in the side of the door are a bit weird. If I put 3 normal sized bottles (500 mL) there, the 3rd one will fall out because the slot is too big. The rotary shifter doesn’t have a stop like on other Fords I’ve driven, and will keep rotating after P or D. The spare tire “well” under the bed doesn’t have a lot of room to fit a larger tire. We know 235/65/17 fits, but I don’t know if 245/65/17 will.

The tires are okay; decently quiet for an A/T tire. I think they look fine but I prefer a more aggressive tread for looks and performance. I’ll probably be getting 245/65/17 Wildpeaks once I recover from the down payment haha
Sponsored

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Driving video. 🤭

That’s my build without FX4. Looks amazing.

Congrats!
Haha, I wish I could get one out before the embargo ends tomorrow!! Too bad I’m headed to work today, leaving my Mav behind… but you’ll love it once you receive it! Drives great. Good power & seating position plus super comfortable ride even with the FX4 and A/T tires.

Packer Bill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
No rear defroster? Bummer!

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Congrats! That's my build, except I went with carbonized gray. My wife hated the area 51 color, which I really (really) wanted, but she won out. Every time I see the FX4 black wheels, I get more excited. They look so good with the many colors. My build date is 10/18 and it can't come fast enough!
The black wheels are amazing!! I was on the fence with the silver and wasn’t sure about the gloss on the black, but they look so good in person and will go great with carbonized gray.

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
So is there a rear defroster? Maybe a blower, if there are no grid lines.
The original order guide had it, then the updated guide removed it.
However, current build website says it has one.
Be good to find out from some with an actual truck.
Thanks!
No rear defroster that I can see, and no button for one either. I’ll report back if I find differently. Perhaps the button for the front activates the rear too? For now I’d say there isn’t one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
That’s my build! Congratulations.
Please update us with real world MPG when you get a few more miles on it.
Will do! So far I’m at a sad 19 mpg, but I’ve been driving it pretty hard to test out the EB and left it idling with A/C while installing my dashcam yesterday… it’s been hot here. But I’ll update with a more accurate one down the line.

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
I have the exact same truck in Shipping status - arriving between the 6th and 23rd, depending on which email to believe. Ordered it in late July, so it seems that build is getting some love from Ford (profits!)

I've asked the dealer in Dixon to remove the FX4 sticker on the rear side, but it looking at your truck, it doesn't seem too intrusive and it breaks up the monotone of the Area 51 color. You have any of those thoughts, and if so, you still having them?

If you see a guy on a motorcycle or in a Honda Accord freaking out and waving at you as you drive up 680 in that beautiful truck, that's very possibly me.
That’s great!! It should hopefully arrive soon since Dixon isn’t too far. I love the FX4 sticker. You’re right, it breaks up Area 51 quite well and I think it does well with the paint color and tail lights. You should try to see one in person before you ask them to remove it. I’ll keep an eye out for you on the 680! 😂

jcsan18

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Not gonna lie, if the only negatives you can think of are no rear defroster and no garage door opener, I'd say that's pretty good.

Even with some people reporting MPG's in the teens, I'm expecting the sticker numbers, at the very least. I don't drive hard, by any means, and I do have enough highway driving to offset any low numbers, which would still be better than my Jeep, and it'll be an improvement over having to pay $71 per fill up.

OP
OP
maverickfx4

maverickfx4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Not gonna lie, if the only negatives you can think of are no rear defroster and no garage door opener, I'd say that's pretty good.

Even with some people reporting MPG's in the teens, I'm expecting the sticker numbers, at the very least. I don't drive hard, by any means, and I do have enough highway driving to offset any low numbers, which would still be better than my Jeep, and it'll be an improvement over having to pay $71 per fill up.
Yeah, I’m really impressed so far. That being said, I’ve only had it for a day and driven 80 miles so something could come up further down the line. I will say I have had a Fusion with a 2.0 EB that didn’t hit the EPA numbers. Hopefully the Maverick is different.

Sponsored

STARCOMMTREY1

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Ultra Classic, Versa Note and soon to be Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are they welded in? Or can you tell?