First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Engine
Undecided
Not that it is right but a lot of people shop for a car based on the car payment. A $5,000 ADM results in about an additional $100 car payment for a five year car loan.
Sponsored

Tailender

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-250, 2011 Rogue, 2012 Jeep Liberty
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I got burned back in the 90s when my wife wanted a new car. I swore I would never buy a new car again because they weren't worth it and I've always bought used since. Until the Maverick came out. Luckily I got a hybrid with a moon roof and hitch and it only cost me $22,660 out the door. That was only 4 grand more than I paid for my used Rogue 11 years ago. I wouldn't have bought it if it wouldn't have been that low in price, but at what it was, I couldn't pass it up.

RonR1959

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Here’s my take, and not to be disrespectful to anyone, in any way.

You have choices to make, so make the best decision for you. You can try to negotiate what you can to make it a fair deal, pay what the dealer is asking if they’re unwilling to negotiate, or walk away. It’s as simple as that. No use in complaining and starting another discussion on what’s been been beaten to death.

Everyone needs to take a breath and relax.

GA Hot Pepper

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E, F-150 Lariat, Toyota 4 Runner
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Enjoy reading these comments on this forum. Interesting how many posters have stated they have more than one Maverick on order. Giving dealers retail orders they can mark up that aren’t taken.

Tiger Dude

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Paying more makes sense if you need a vehicle right now (like yours was totalled) and compare the price to anything used put there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GyroRon

GyroRon

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-250 Lariat, 2019 Mazda CX9, tons of bikes
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Enjoy reading these comments on this forum. Interesting how many posters have stated they have more than one Maverick on order. Giving dealers retail orders they can mark up that aren’t taken.
In response to that last sentence....

You COULD look at it that way.... that placing orders for more than a person ultimately needs would be giving more trucks for the dealers to mark up....

Or you could look at it like this.... There is X number of people wanting / waiting, to buy a maverick, most of them waiting for their orders to be built and shipped, and some who missed out on placing their order in the short time frame ordering was open.

Every maverick ford builds and sells, is one less person waiting for a maverick. Sure this means that refused orders ( not sure what else to call them ) may not be a exact match for what someone else wanted, could be missing a option or the wrong color or whatever.... But with so many people waiting, each truck made is one less person still waiting.

This is exactly what happened with the PT cruiser back in the day. Car was announced, it had retro styling... It was affordable... It was practical... It was cool ( to some folks )... And there was a given number of people that really wanted one. But not everyone wanted one. There was huge demand by those that really wanted one, and there was waits and mark up's... But once Chrysler produced enough that those who had to have one had the chance to get one, then kept building them, then the dealers had PT cruisers just sitting on the lot... Then as they sat, rebates and incentives came along to move them, then the market fell out on them and used values plummeted and the PT cruiser became a cheap car, and eventually a car that got a bad reputation and the rest is history. But bottom line was, there was only so many people that really really wanted one, and once the majority of those people were able to buy one, the pricing tanked on them.

Yes it sucks that dealers are likely to take advantage of this and put a mark up on these trucks. But as that pool of people left waiting shrinks, There will be less and less demand for these trucks and less demand means it is more likely the mark ups will disappear.

We are already seeing this happen with EcoBoost models.

I don't think these mavericks will have the same fate as the PT cruiser, as The PT was a car, and comparable to many other smaller cars.... Where the maverick is considered a truck and there isn't much to compare it to other than other trucks, and all the other trucks are much more expensive. I think even if every single person who currently wants a maverick were to suddenly get a maverick, there will still be demand for them on going, But I don't think the demand will be anything like it is right now, and in due time you will see as many mavericks just sitting on the lot as you do F150's right now.

CTYankee

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.catvert68.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I think we're in a transition period from the way car buying used to work to how it will work in the future. The manufacturers learned one important lesson from the pandemic. Keeping production just below demand increases profitability.

Gone, I believe, are the days of rebates and excess inventory. Even as supply chain issues resolve themselves, things are going to remain more like they are now than how they used to be. ADM's will likely remain for new, in-demand models but ordering issues will get fixed, and that will put downward pressure on ADM's because wait times will go back to normal. Inventories across the board will remain low. and that will keep prices up on both used and new models.

As much as we'd all like to see the dealer model change, state laws are likely to prevent that from happening in any significant way. Ford's attempt to change the dealer model with EV's will, I think, die in the courts. But we shall see.

At least, that's what my yard-sale crystal ball tells me... ;)

JimParker256

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Area 51 Hybrid FE, 2014 Impala
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

I will always pay extra to not wait at an amusement park!
Me too - any time that is available! I figure that the cost per ride is substantially lower when you don't have to wait an hour and a half between rides... Spend extra to skip the line, and in one day you can ride all the rides, then go back and ride the favorites a 2nd time. Contrast that with spending most of your day in line, and getting to ride (at best) maybe half the rides in the park. So if you want to ride them all (and what kid doesn't?) you wind up paying for a 2nd day's tickets for everyone. That's the ticket price, plus the cost of meals and drinks for everybody... WAY cheaper to pay to skip the lines.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Last March my wife wanted an errand car that got better fuel milage than hers. She also mentioned that I would be ordering a Maverick in June (yea right). Anyway the dealer called her in late April saying they had a customer refusal. The price was 5K over for a heavily optioned Hybrid Lariat. Took about 2 seconds for us to say yes. I just priced a 23 Maverick equipped as ours. That 5K has shrunk to $1850 due to price increases and we have had the pleasure of driving it for 9 months instead of twiddling our thumbs waiting.
Chili Pepper Red with sunroof! Never would have ordered that color but LUV the color!
That's amazing! Thank you for being a part of the Ford family. :)
Sponsored