Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Still think the Mav salute should be the horns. I know I’ll do it with a fellow Mav owner.

Sponsored

Buzzard

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
R series Beemers have a secret handshake. K series riders have no acknowledgment from Beemers, Harleys, Rice burners or Scooters. They are a hopelessly lost tribe. The R boys won't show them the handshake either.

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
So my little brother has a Jeep and educated me all about this Jeep Wave they all do.
I was on vacation in Ocean City Md coinciding with Jeep Week.

Madonne, those people are REALLY into their Jeeps!

So what do you think? Do we come up with a sign of some sort….
3911906A-7240-4ED2-9852-B32F95C9321D.jpeg
I had a Jeep for ten years and never even knew there was a wave. Back when I was a grad student I had a Honda motorcycle and at that time cyclists exchanged a raised "power fist." I haven't seen that in a long time.

I'll play along though, provided Ford ever does deliver my hybrid and you come up with a non-obscene gesture. And please no honking. (Ham radio operators used to honk "73" at each other in Morse code years ago. Fortunately, nowadays not enough of us even know Morse for that to still survive. Side note: I do know and use Morse, but I'm an "Old Timer" now in ham terms.)

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

ZZbuggs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I had a Jeep for ten years and never even knew there was a wave. Back when I was a grad student I had a Honda motorcycle and at that time cyclists exchanged a raised "power fist." I haven't seen that in a long time.

I'll play along though, provided Ford ever does deliver my hybrid and you come up with a non-obscene gesture. And please no honking. (Ham radio operators used to honk "73" at each other in Morse code years ago. Fortunately, nowadays not enough of us even know Morse for that to still survive. Side note: I do know and use Morse, but I'm an "Old Timer" now in ham terms.)
I thought I stepped into the Way Back Machine when I saw the Honeymooners, but, Morse Code? ... .... . . ... ....

Sponsored

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I thought I stepped into the Way Back Machine when I saw the Honeymooners, but, Morse Code? ... .... . . ... ....
LOL! You must be unexposed to amateur radio or else pretty young. We were required to learn Morse in order to get a license by both US law and international treaty. That lasted almost a century. A minimal knowledge is still required in order to obtain certain privileges, but you can be licensed without Morse these days. There are good technical reasons that it is still used today, but that is all optional.

My uncle was a ham, and I caught the bug from him. He had ham radio plates on his car and invariably did the Morse code 73 (an abbreviation for "best regards" in the old days, still used by hams today) if he saw another car with ham plates. My aunt complained that people did it to her when she drove the car, and she didn't know or want to know code even when he offered to teach her how to respond back. I have listened to him carry on an actual conversation in horn honking with another ham, but I certainly do not recommend it. I've had ham plates since 1982 and in that time only once has anyone honked at me. It must be dead.

ZZbuggs

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mav
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

LOL! You must be unexposed to amateur radio or else pretty young. We were required to learn Morse in order to get a license by both US law and international treaty. That lasted almost a century. A minimal knowledge is still required in order to obtain certain privileges, but you can be licensed without Morse these days. There are good technical reasons that it is still used today, but that is all optional.

My uncle was a ham, and I caught the bug from him. He had ham radio plates on his car and invariably did the Morse code 73 (an abbreviation for "best regards" in the old days, still used by hams today) if he saw another car with ham plates. My aunt complained that people did it to her when she drove the car, and she didn't know or want to know code even when he offered to teach her how to respond back. I have listened to him carry on an actual conversation in horn honking with another ham, but I certainly do not recommend it. I've had ham plates since 1982 and in that time only once has anyone honked at me. It must be dead.
I wish I was pretty young...I used to work with a guy who translated morse code in the Navy, Him and his mates would rewire their headphones to listen to radio in one ear and Morse in the other. Amazing

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I wish I was pretty young...I used to work with a guy who translated morse code in the Navy, Him and his mates would rewire their headphones to listen to radio in one ear and Morse in the other. Amazing
--... ...-- (Has a nice beat to it, no? That's "73" in international Morse.)

Altivo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Altivo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
altivo.dreamwidth.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid