Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Look Nice! similar to my 18" Mach-E Wheels.

Ford Maverick Jaguar F Pace Wheels + 255/55/19 Tires on 2024 Maverick XL Atlas Blue 20240502_124612

Ford Maverick Jaguar F Pace Wheels + 255/55/19 Tires on 2024 Maverick XL Atlas Blue 20240502_123903
Sponsored

First Sergeant

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT Hybrid 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

The "problem" with what I'll say are non-Ford wheels, be they for the Mk3 Focus, Lincoln, or Jaguar platform ... is the bolt-circle and the hub-bore.

Not a lot of choice in the 5x108 bolt (lug nuts) circle, nor the 63.4mm hub-center.

Unless an aftermarket wheel was specifically MADE for these Ford hubs (5 x 108 & 63.4mm) it isn't going to FIT. Most aftermarket wheels use a larger center (hub-bore, if you will), so "centering rings" are needed, and most/many are plastic.

The 5 x 108 is a "small bolt-circle" ... . I recall that Volvo (which was once 'saved' by Ford's ownership, before being sold off) uses a similar bolt-circle of 5 x 108, yet the center bore is a mm or two different.

A few French car use the same 5x108 & 63.4mm ... yet we don't see many of those 'cute' french cars over here ... . We'll disregard the ugly ones !!

===

Unlike the Focus RS with the large front Brembo calipers, the Maverick doesn't have large calipers, so ... hence ... why the "Ford family" of 5x108 & 63.4 wheels "work".

Plus, everyone at Ford KNEW dudes (almost always the dudes) will change the wheels, so the suspension has adequate clearance on the inner-side of the hub-face to fit wider rims and tires.

============

On the Crager website, I did not see any 16, 17, or 18 inch wheels with the 5x108 ... yet, I did not look at ALL their offerings.

https://www.cragarwheel.com/wheels/

==============

:cool:
Yeah, I talked with Crager today. They got nothing at all. Waiting on a response back from email into American Racing. They have one that might work from what I saw on the site, Torq Thrust II Custom. If it works I'm betting it ain't cheap! Heck I'm old, better hurry and spend it so grandkids and great- grandkids don't "off" me for the trust! Haha Just kidding, they are fantastic kids!

Lillo Bd

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2023 Maverick Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Finally got around to installing my Jaguar F Pace Wheels on my 2024 XL. Tire size is OEM for the Jag at 255/55/19; no rubbing at stock ride height. I still need to get my Goodwin lowering springs installed to complete the look.

Jag Wheels 2.jpg

Jag Wheels 1.jpg
Finally got around to installing my Jaguar F Pace Wheels on my 2024 XL. Tire size is OEM for the Jag at 255/55/19; no rubbing at stock ride height. I still need to get my Goodwin lowering springs installed to complete the look.

Ford Maverick Jaguar F Pace Wheels + 255/55/19 Tires on 2024 Maverick XL Atlas Blue Jag Wheels 2

Ford Maverick Jaguar F Pace Wheels + 255/55/19 Tires on 2024 Maverick XL Atlas Blue Jag Wheels 1
can attest, I have 255 55 19s as well on 19x8.5 variant radon offset +25 rear and +35 front Arturo blade tirws

Ford Maverick Jaguar F Pace Wheels + 255/55/19 Tires on 2024 Maverick XL Atlas Blue IMG_1604

Ford Maverick Jaguar F Pace Wheels + 255/55/19 Tires on 2024 Maverick XL Atlas Blue IMG_1602

shadow76

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
k".

Plus, everyone at Ford KNEW dudes (almost always the dudes) will change the wheels, so the suspension has adequate clearance on the inner-side of the hub-face to fit wider rims and tires.

============

On the Crager website, I did not see any 16, 17, or 18 inch wheels with the 5x108 ... yet, I did not look at ALL their offerings.

https://www.cragarwheel.com/wheels/

Every domestic car my late wife owned eventually sported Crager SS rims.

OP
OP
WannabeST

WannabeST

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick, 2006 Mazda Miata
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't replace the tires, I used the ones that came with the wheels. I picked these up for $400 on FB marketplace. The tires have an older date code, but I want to test the alignment with the new springs with these tires before I put new ones on. If I need adjustable toe or camber arms in the rear, i'd rather find that out with these tires than nice new ones.

When I replace the tires, i plan to go to a 235/55/19 or a 235/50/19. The 255 does not rub now, but with the increased camber from lowering it, i expect that that the top of the tire will rub on rear driver wheel well. I'll most likely need a 6mm spacer in the rear to prevent rubbing. The 255 are also pretty dang heavy. Switching to a 235 will fix multiple issues.

To be honest, I wasn't even sure I'd like (or keep these wheels), but for $400 it was worth a shot. I think they give the truck a very OEM+ look, which is what I'm going for. I'll post some updates in my build thread after I lower it with regard to fitment, handling, comfort, etc. Pretty happy so far.

Sponsored

TheMaverickLife

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RL
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

@WannabeST

If you do go with the 235/50-19 tires, they're a little smaller in diameter/rolling-radius, having more revs/mile.

For example, these Michelins w/220 treadwear at 734 revs/mile over the OEM Lariat's 727. Not a big difference, and as a shorted tire, will apply a little more force to the pavement as then trucks "torque" doesn't change, but its applications does (Torque/Radius) ... . Mire revs/mile will have the truck thinking it is going "faster" (covering more ground) with each revolution ... 727/734 = .99 so hardly a percent. Maybe a GOOD thing as then less likely to get the red&blue lights !

As slightly smaller (based upon tire brand & model) will offer more tire clearance.

Just the ticket (pun intended) for a sticky "sport truck" tire !

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...R9PS4SUV&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

=======

The perfect tire for those satin-black FORGED 19 x 8 Focus RS wheels, yeah?

:cool:

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
To the OP Can we get a head-on view? Just to see how much these poke out if any.

OP
OP
WannabeST

WannabeST

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After further review, it seems that 245/50/19 may be the best choice to ensure that the tire is close to the OEM tire diameter. I'm still a few months away from pulling the trigger though; I want to get the suspension set up correctly first.

Automan21 - I'll try to get some head on shots for you. They do poke a little. Definitely more in the front than the rear.

TheMaverickLife - I'd love a set of the forged RS wheels, just not sure I'd love the price tag. LOL. I'm planning to err on the conservative side with the Maverick. I have another car that wears 200TW tires for track days and autocross.

Ford Maverick Jaguar F Pace Wheels + 255/55/19 Tires on 2024 Maverick XL Atlas Blue Tire Size Compariso

Last edited:

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
After further review, it seems that 245/50/19 may be the best choice to ensure that the tire is close to the OEM tire diameter. I'm still a few months away from pulling the trigger though; I want to get the suspension set up correctly first.

Automan21 - I'll try to get some head on shots for you. They do poke a little. Definitely more in the front than the rear.

TheMaverickLife - I'd love a set of the forged RS wheels, just not sure I'd love the price tag. LOL. I'm planning to err on the conservative side with the Maverick. I have another car that wears 200TW tires for track days and autocross.

Tire Size Comparison.png
Thanks! I’m pricing that size tire right now and nothing under $220. I can get a set of those f-pace for around ur price as well.

OP
OP
WannabeST

WannabeST

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Goodwin springs installed…

Ford Maverick Jaguar F Pace Wheels + 255/55/19 Tires on 2024 Maverick XL Atlas Blue IMG_4214

Sponsored

Automan21

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Subaru WRX
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_4214.jpeg
Perfect amount of drop I’m looking for. Just springs and nothing else or did you need anything like link's? Have you gotten an alignment yet?

OP
OP
WannabeST

WannabeST

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Perfect amount of drop I’m looking for. Just springs and nothing else or did you need anything like link's? Have you gotten an alignment yet?
I didn't install anything other than the springs; I haven't had it aligned yet either. I did gain negative camber in both the front and hear, but haven't had a chance to measure it yet. I'm still on the older tires that came with the wheels, planning to use them to check wear patterns to see if adjustable toe or camber arms are needed.

Also, my wheel spacers haven't been delivered yet so I've been driving without them. Amazingly, the rears are NOT rubbing (particularly concerned about the driver's side rear). Not sure I could even pass a sheet of paper through the gap, LOL. I'm going to add the spacers when they're delivered, but for now I'm getting away with it.

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost

IMG_4214.jpeg
Thinking about installing these Goodwin racing lowering springs. They look great! and the design looks to provide a better ride quality than other lowering springs. Do you still have enough clearance between the suspension strut and the wheel and tire after lowering? (the inner clearance). Also, were instructions provided? I am curious where to find the instructions or DIY post and the torque specs. Thank you.

Last edited:

EONR24

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I didn't install anything other than the springs; I haven't had it aligned yet either. I did gain negative camber in both the front and hear, but haven't had a chance to measure it yet. I'm still on the older tires that came with the wheels, planning to use them to check wear patterns to see if adjustable toe or camber arms are needed.

Also, my wheel spacers haven't been delivered yet so I've been driving without them. Amazingly, the rears are NOT rubbing (particularly concerned about the driver's side rear). Not sure I could even pass a sheet of paper through the gap, LOL. I'm going to add the spacers when they're delivered, but for now I'm getting away with it.
Also, did you get an alignment and how did it affect your camber? It would be awesome to see the alignment print out after installing the lowering springs and having it aligned. It looks great and the ride seems to be great from yours and others reviews!

AzureBlueBill

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick Lariat / 1969 Dodge Dart GTS
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Camber and toe will be affected by lowering. Almost certainly out of factory specs.
Sponsored