First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
for the top of the line hybrid? I want victory blue but noooo I cant have that and i want a 4x4 whatever that means. I see stickers on the side of trucks that say 4x4 but I dont really know what it means but I want it.
Thank You
Sponsored

UncleDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fusion
You can not order a Hybrid until August of 2022.

OP
OP

numike

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Can I get that in my new Ford? no no no no "You can't order a hybrid until 23 MY "what does that mean? I know I should be more hip to all the codes but Im old and dumb

Sponsored

Dirt820

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
MY = Model Year.

Basically, Ford has said that they're no longer accepting orders for the 2022 Model Year Mavericks with the Hybrid powertrain because they don't have the capacity/parts availability. Ford will open the 'order banks' for the 2023 model year Maverick in August 2022. You can still order a Maverick with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine, however.

Also, the Hybrid powertrain is not currently an option with All Wheel Drive in the Maverick. If you want All Wheel Drive (which is different from the traditional 4x4 that you see in, say, the F150), it's only available with the 2.0 Ecoboost engine. And Ecoboost / All Wheel Drive is currently able to be ordered.

Hope this helps, it can be super confusing sometimes.

Wire4money

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler
Engine
Undecided
Can I get that in my new Ford? no no no no "You can't order a hybrid until 23 MY "what does that mean? I know I should be more hip to all the codes but Im old and dumb
It means the hybrid model year 2022 is sold out. You can order a 2023 in August, but unless anything changes, you cannot get an all wheel drive hybrid.

JohnHartshorn

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Toyota Sienna XSE - Mav Hybrid XLT LUX Area 51
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Orders for the model year (That's the "MY") 2022 hybrids ended back in November due to the high demand and short supply. Orders for the MY23 (Model Year 2023) (Hybrid and Ecoboost) will open on 16 Aug 2022. Scheduling will begin on 15 Sep for builds beginning week of 6 Oct.

You can still order a MY22 Ecoboost if that suits you, though that may end soon too. As of right now, there are not any changes to the MY23 from the MY22.

JoeEd

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
for the top of the line hybrid? I want victory blue but noooo I cant have that and i want a 4x4 whatever that means. I see stickers on the side of trucks that say 4x4 but I dont really know what it means but I want it.
Thank You
The stickers on the side of the Maverick that you might be thinking about are FX4 which is an off road package. That is different from AWD (all wheel drive).

dgnx6

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thank You
Ive seen some hybrids that were dealer ordered being sold, but you may pay a mark up on them.

You basically have to do the leg work and search dealers around your area or find one that will ship it to you from another state if its too far to drive.

And the AWD is on the normal internal combustion engine (ICE). AWD is diff from 4x4 because its always engaged. The maverick does have diff settings with the awd depending on the conditions you are driving in, like ice/snow.
Sponsored