bcmav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverik
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Wireless Charging pad not charging and caused Iphone to over heat. After 1 year to the day, I recieved my Mav and "yes" it was well worth the wait. On a short 170 mile trip, I placed my Iphone on the wireless pad and had a wireless Carplay gadget plugged into the USB A port. All seemed fine then after about an hour and a half Carplay stopped working, the iphone was very hot to touch and the phone's screen said the iphone shut down because of overheating. I noticed that the wireless pad never charged the iphone even though the icon on Carplay indicated that it was charging. After phone cooled down Carplay worked fine, but charging pad never worked. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
pad doesn't charge any phone?

TedTX

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Are you charging with a case on? Bad for two reasons ( heat and poor charging)

14mustangNJ

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT FX4, 2014 Ford Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Try it without using car play to see if it charges.

OP
OP

bcmav

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverik
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Thank for the tips. I tried with & without case and without Carplay. From what I gather the wireless pad is pretty much useless.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Wireless Charging pad not charging and caused Iphone to over heat. After 1 year to the day, I recieved my Mav and "yes" it was well worth the wait. On a short 170 mile trip, I placed my Iphone on the wireless pad and had a wireless Carplay gadget plugged into the USB A port. All seemed fine then after about an hour and a half Carplay stopped working, the iphone was very hot to touch and the phone's screen said the iphone shut down because of overheating. I noticed that the wireless pad never charged the iphone even though the icon on Carplay indicated that it was charging. After phone cooled down Carplay worked fine, but charging pad never worked. Any ideas. Thanks in advance.
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford Dealer info, I can assist with your charging pad concern on my end.

Indy300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Hybrid Lariat Lux
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the same problem. What is the solution?

OleFordGuy

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Lariat, Expedition Limited, 22 Mav Lariat
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Hum, so far mine has been working flawlessly, hope it stays that way.

Drzlady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
223 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hey there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford Dealer info, I can assist with your charging pad concern on my end.
I just received my Ford Maverick after waiting since Nov 2021. The wireless charging pad overheats my iPhone and it doesn’t charge the phone. The USB nor the USB-C are charging either. I put my husbands S22 phone and it did not charge either. Also the touch screen on the car gets very hot. What do I do?

Radman73

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Porsche Boxster
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I just received my Ford Maverick after waiting since Nov 2021. The wireless charging pad overheats my iPhone and it doesn’t charge the phone. The USB nor the USB-C are charging either. I put my husbands S22 phone and it did not charge either. Also the touch screen on the car gets very hot. What do I do?
Contact a dealership?

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

Drzlady

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Zandra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
223 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.
Where do I message you that Information?

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My wife's I phone won't charge either it discharges

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My lariat hybrid won't charge anything USB uless also keep telling me truck battery is not charge overnight or not use for a Day it's going into deep sleep I don't drive every day what's up with this
Sponsored