Scout

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered hybrid XLT luxury package, got verified from Ford, but with the delays thinking may be into 2022.
Will Ford still honor the price I have on my build sheet?
Sponsored

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered hybrid XLT luxury package, got verified from Ford, but with the delays thinking may be into 2022.
Ford corporate has little to say about what you pay. They control only what the dealer pays them.
So your price is between you and your dealer. So this all depends on whether you have settled on a negotiated price yet.

That said, either you or the dealer would always be free to try to renegotiate later.

JibbersCrabst

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Focus ST, 2022 Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I don't see Ford changing the pricing during the model year, but what price you pay is going to be dependent on the dealership you're purchasing through. Did you get any assurance of pricing from them in writing other than just your build sheet with the MSRP?

Last edited:

Swami37

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco and 2020 F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You ordered a 2022...so I am going to Guess..... YES....

FirstFord

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You ordered a 2022...so I am going to Guess..... YES....
if, god forbid, Ford were to close out MY22 production before building your order, I expect your order would be cancelled and you'd have to place an order for an MY23. At that time, price negotiation starts all over.

Sponsored

Jasperw229

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick 22, Lariat fx4, 4k tow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Definitely. but you aren't buying the vehicle from Ford, you are buying it from a dealer. That dealer can change the price anytime they want until the final paperwork is filed.
That being said I wouldn't expect them to change the price, but I would expect them to add things like paperwork fees. Depending on the state you live in those may be capped as low as 75$, but I've also heard of people paying 800$ on other vehicle deals.
In oregon I'll be paying 150 for paperwork and ~300 for registration and plates and such on top of msrp. Plus I expect the dealer to make some money from my loan as well. They might also try to sell me on a maintenance plan, but my research tells me that it usually isn't worth it to buy those.
Hope this info helps you and I'm not just telling you things you already know.

Swami37

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Bronco and 2020 F150 FX4
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
if, god forbid, Ford were to close out MY22 production before building your order, I expect your order would be cancelled and you'd have to place an order for an MY23. At that time, price negotiation starts all over.
I also have a Bronco on order. With the Bronco Ford guaranteed price protection for just this instance
Regardless a MY 2022 was ordered. They will produce the 20-30k orders made before the end of next year. Still a MY22
I for one am not concerned.

Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
Undecided
If they're nice they'll offer price protection like they did for the Bronco if we do end up waiting for awhile.
Sponsored