Sponsored

Is FordPass Rewards Visa Card worth getting before purchase of Maverick???

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Then Ford would be out the 1-4 percent. It's not a great deal for them.
If that 1 to 4 percent was killing Ford they'd get rid of the Ford credit card too
Sponsored

stoptothink

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW jetta
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
All store cards have a separate issuer. Have you ever got approved for a store card for let's say 10000 and the store tell you that you can only spend 2500???

Ford needs to figure that out. I know the issuer is First bank of Omaha but Ford is the one putting there name on it.

Not upset with the dealer but with Ford.
The PCI cost is built into the prices of almost every product, except (historically) cars. This is because cars (generally) are paid for in a different manner than other consumer goods. You can say it makes sense and argue until you are blue in the face, but Ford isn't the only car manufacturer with a branded CC and none of them will reimburse a dealership for use of said cards and it doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

bombast

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XL, Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If that 1 to 4 percent was killing Ford they'd get rid of the Ford credit card too
Ford's revenue for 2020 was about 125 billion from what I can tell. Even 1 percent of that would be 1.25 billion dollars. That's probably about how much Chevy is losing to the Bolt battery issue.

It's a lot of money that may be given away to people who could later turn around and not use the loyalty card again and just do maintenance themselves.

And that's not even counting the 5% back in points you'd earn on the vehicle. How much free shit is that for Ford if you buy a Maverick? Or a Lightning? Ford might be better off if they didn't turn in those points.

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
+1, the CC isn't offered by Ford, it's just Ford branded. Using it to buy a Ford vehicle will make no difference to FNBO (the actual issuer). The most I've ever been able to get a dealership to put on a card was $5k. As someone who is a regular card churner, if you are looking for a CC with benefits to use as a down payment, there are a lot of better options https://www.doctorofcredit.com/best-current-credit-card-sign-bonuses/.
Exactly my point! That Chase Preferred 100k offer is worth $1,250 in travel redemption money, eyeing that one for my maverick - as soon as my actual build is confirmed I'll be signing up for one. I got in on the Sapphire reserve way back when it first came out so I'm past the 4 year point for new sign-up (that sapphire reserve was the most ridiculous bonus of all time!).

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
Exactly my point! That Chase Preferred 100k offer is worth $1,250 in travel redemption money, eyeing that one for my maverick - as soon as my actual build is confirmed I'll be signing up for one. I got in on the Sapphire reserve way back when it first came out so I'm past the 4 year point for new sign-up (that sapphire reserve was the most ridiculous bonus of all time!).
See with the chase card I can understand them caping it at 2500. Since it's not the Ford card.

That is a good deal with the chase card.
Sponsored