Sponsored

Is an ADM common or not?

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
As much as I enjoy this forum sometimes the posts can confuse reality. So now that more Mav hybrids are being delivered daily, are we seeing ADM at delivery? My inexpensive build after reasonable fees and taxes is $25k. Add the previous posts of a $5k ADM and I’m at $30k. I’m stuck here. My trade in died, I need a vehicle. All cars are difficult to come by, or do I walk away and try again with a MY 23 through Long McArthur ford? I’m in North Nee Jersey. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
No one can tell you exactly how common it is but my observations are...

Those who attempt to buy a vehicle off a lot almost always pay ADM for a Maverick. *

Those who placed an order with their dealer and have a signed order form with a price on it tend to get their vehicle for the price on their paperwork.

Those who placed and order an didn't get any paperwork signed sometimes get their vehicle for the MSRP or price previously spoken about. Some of them also get screwed by the dealer. Not sure how often this occurs.

*(Can anyone cite an instance of someone buying a Maverick off the lot in the last 90 days for MSRP or less? Not saying it hasn't happened but I sure haven't observed it)

OP
OP

NNJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Matrix
No one can tell you exactly how common it is but my observations are...

Those who attempt to buy a vehicle off a lot almost always pay ADM for a Maverick. *

Those who placed an order with their dealer and have a signed order form with a price on it tend to get their vehicle for the price on their paperwork.

Those who placed and order an didn't get any paperwork signed sometimes get their vehicle for the MSRP or price previously spoken about. Some of them also get screwed by the dealer. Not sure how often this occurs.

*(Can anyone cite an instance of someone buying a Maverick off the lot in the last 90 days for MSRP or less? Not saying it hasn't happened but I sure haven't observed it)
I agree, off the lot is a stock item subject to ADM. I signed my order sheet, dealer did not. I have all my paperwork. I saw in the dealer rated.com site my dealership reviewed. The reviewer bought a mustang, waited 6 months and at delivery they tacked on $5k.

Prostate Heaven

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
I agree, off the lot is a stock item subject to ADM. I signed my order sheet, dealer did not. I have all my paperwork. I saw in the dealer rated.com site my dealership reviewed. The reviewer bought a mustang, waited 6 months and at delivery they tacked on $5k.

I hope your situation turns out for the best...

... but it sounds like these circumstances are a perfect storm for getting jerked around by the dealer.

JASmith

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Data aggregators have shown that the Maverick Hybrid ranks in the top three marked up as a percentage of MSRP of all models.

As or April in Pa in particular it was around 35% markup.

Sponsored

Cubican

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Pedro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, viper, c8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
On orders the Adm is the exception not the norm on stock orders that’s a different story, IMO the #1 things before placing an order is a thoroughly inspection Of the dealer business practices

Pacman

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 Ranger
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
NNJGUY, you might want to start a poll for owners who ordered theirs. Maybe the three options could be: MSRP or lower, 1-5k ADM, Over 5k ADM. I'd be curious to see the results. I live in a smallish town and my salesman has promised on three separate occasions to sell me the truck at MSRP + taxes, registration, and a dealer fee that's under $700. If they try to mark it up, I will walk. That said, my current truck is running fine, so I'm not in as tight a spot as you.

As far as I know, everyone buying them off the lot are paying ADM's.
Sponsored