First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 nissan titan
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
When I go to Ford.com and do a Inventory Search for a Maverick it shows 11 within 100 miles and has vin # and price, but when go to the dealers web page, they do not show up I even left my email at one dealer but they never got back with me, now the dealer i have one ordered from has never had one show up in the search
Sponsored

paneubert

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XL/4K/AWD/CoPilot/CactusG/SlidingRearWindow
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford lists them all on the site, even if they are customer orders that will leave the dealer lot the same day they arrive. How many of the window stickers are green versus blue/custom orders versus stock orders?

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
You got sucked in by phantom inventory. You'll see the same thing on CarGurus and almost every online site. Those are almost certainly customer orders in the pipeling. Dealers are banging their heads on the desk out of frustration because they're being inundated with calls for Mavericks they can't sell. They've been dealing with this for months now.

You'd think Ford would have solved this stupidity months ago. But apparently resolving anything at Ford takes several years. One article I read talked about a consultant who'd been called into Ford and described it as the most intense finger pointing exercise he'd ever seen.

If you don't see an actual photo of the truck on the dealer lot, it's likely phantom inventory. If you see it listed as MSRP, it's likely phantom inventory. By "actual photo", I mean not the fake photos of an ideal Maverick on an idealized dealer storefront (the real thing has all the grubby real-life details like power lines, cracks and weeds in the pavement, etc).

NoMavyYet

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 f250 2002 Ranger
Iā€™m not sure who or how there listed though the ford inventory search, every maverick Iā€™ve called about was taken already or is someoneā€™s order.
My dads was never listed.
some dealers seem to list every vehicle thatā€™s on order and others donā€™t have anything.

Sponsored

kcamp317

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid 16 Ford Escape SE
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The inventory search is kinda a false hope for the most part. Not all dealerships show every one of the vehicles that come in. I know none of the few Mavericks that come in every week at my local dealer show up on that search but some other dealers within my 100 mile radius do show. The easiest way to tell is click on the window sticker of one that does show up and look towards the bottom...."special order" will be on all of them, there's no dealer stock to be had. Even if you do find one (rare) it will be at a considerable markup to buy, most likely an abandoned order. Or if you call the dealer or email they will say it is someones ordered vehicle that is already claimed.

NJ Pinelands

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
When I go to Ford.com and do a Inventory Search for a Maverick it shows 11 within 100 miles and has vin # and price, but when go to the dealers web page, they do not show up I even left my email at one dealer but they never got back with me, now the dealer i have one ordered from has never had one show up in the search
Here are some in your state. Just click on the town name up top on the left to change your zip codes.
https://www.truecar.com/new-cars-for-sale/listings/ford/maverick/body-truck/location-antioch-tn/
Sponsored