Installing Rear Window after sale?

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I know they would have to replace the entire glass to put a rear window in but do people do that?

I have never been a fan of the one that comes in the maverick.
Sponsored

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm sure it could be done. But probably pricey. Maybe the aftermarket will come out with a rear window with a larger slider. That would be nice.

OP
OP
Lappo424

Lappo424

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord - Looking to switch to Maverick XL
I'm sure it could be done. But probably pricey. Maybe the aftermarket will come out with a rear window with a larger slider. That would be nice.
Yeah that's what I thought.

The sliding window in the Mav is so small

grumpyunk

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mariner 85 Ranger 97 T-bird 87 Sable
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I thought it was so small I passed on it. Then saw some pics taken from inside, and it appeared to be a lot larger. Thought the manual slider might be larger than the power slider given that inside view. Changed the order.
I think it is as small as it appears as viewed from the bed. Tiny. Too late now.
On my old Ranger, I replaced the rear window glass with a slider from an auto parts store. Just takes some string routed into the gasket to make it 'flip' and go over the new glass when installing. It was not difficult, but was a bit scary removing the original sheet of glass.
tom

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you want the opening larger then you would have to cut into the rear windshield, which is one piece. The reason why it's so small is because of that and the interior curves downward. Actual view from the inside is much more narrow than the outside leads it to be.

Sponsored

Chris McD

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Ford Maverick Installing Rear Window after sale? 3630DF30-2504-4E38-96A7-31E248D5B356
Ford Maverick Installing Rear Window after sale? 15EB9FF6-942B-4E87-8D86-716ABE5BCDD6

Snax

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know about the Maverick, but I did this with my '89 Toyota Pickup when it was new. Didn't cost much (even in today's dollars). They just popped out the existing window, and re-installed a sliding version. Assuming that someone will such a thing for the Maverick, I wouldn't expect it to be that expensive.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think the days of using a string on the gasket to install automobile windows are over. I believe the rear window, like the windshield, is bonded in. I think most new cars are like that these days. I know the windshield needs to bonded in for the passenger airbag but no doubt it also helps with rollover crash rating.

notfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier PRO-4X Lux FFV
Engine
Undecided
I think the days of using a string on the gasket to install automobile windows are over. I believe the rear window, like the windshield, is bonded in. I think most new cars are like that these days. No doubt helps with rollover crash rating.
Doesn't mean it can't be replaced. I got the slider replaced with a fixed window in my F-150. That window is glued and bolted to the cab.

Big_T

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Doesn't mean it can't be replaced. I got the slider replaced with a fixed window in my F-150. That window is glued and bolted to the cab.
Yes, absolutely. But I posted that because 2 posts talked about the good old days of using a string (I've done that a couple of times).

Sponsored

DarkStormy

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I don't know about the Maverick, but I did this with my '89 Toyota Pickup when it was new. Didn't cost much (even in today's dollars). They just popped out the existing window, and re-installed a sliding version. Assuming that someone will such a thing for the Maverick, I wouldn't expect it to be that expensive.
This is what I was thinking, if I somehow accidently broke the rear window and was going to replace it, why not just spend the extra cash and get the slider.
anyone got a link to the price difference between the two?

volksnuts

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I’d like to replace my slider with solid glass

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
I’d like to replace my slider with solid glass
That would probably be easy to do. Head down to or call your local Ford dealer and ask for the parts department. Once connected tell them you need replacement glass for a 2022 Maverick with no rear window. If they ask for a PN just say you don't have it if they ask for a VIN just tell them you don't have it.

They should be able to give you the price for the single piece of glass then just ask how much for installation.

IdahoDirtFarmer

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 ordered '23 XLT, Eco, AWD, FX4
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I was planning on doing just that when I ordered. Wanted rear slider but salesman couldn't find it on the options list. Said it must be lariat only for '23. Figured I'd just live with solid glass until it ever got broken then swap it out. Thought more about it after I got home and called him the next day. Told him where it was at on the build and price site. Then he saw it and added it on. Didn't realize just how small it is and unreachable being non-power on the XLT. For the price I'll leave it on but if it becomes a major constraint item I'll drop it without hesitation.

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs