First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick2017 F250, 2017 CR-V, 1974 Bronco
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
CV boots are ripping, tearing, spraying grease.
Where are you getting this information from ? I would like to read up on where you are getting this from ? I could see were he might had damaged the CV boot when he was taking the wheel hub assembly apart from the CV boot to get the strut tower out to add the lift spacer on top of it. I could see this happening.
Sponsored

Last edited:

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Where are you getting this information from ? I would like to read up on where you are getting this from ? I could see were he damage the CV boot when he was taking the wheel hub assembly apart from the CV boot to get the strut tower out to add the lift spacer on top of it. I could this happening.
I emailed Robby to see if he has experienced this since he actually did a video with the 2" lift 255/75-17 tires on Sand dunes.

If his trucks cv survived I'd find it hard to believe a street driven lifted 2" Maverick wouldn't.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I emailed Robby to see if he has experienced this since he actually did a video with the 2" lift 255/75-17 tires on Sand dunes.

If his trucks cv survived I'd find it hard to believe a street driven lifted 2" Maverick wouldn't.
Talking about Robby, has anyone had any problems getting there kits from him ? I have been waiting on my kit from him 5 weeks today. I know he had told me 3 to 4 weeks when I ordered it.

Sponsored

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The guy who contacted me about has bought the parts we offer and mentioned it. He doesn't want to come out publicly "bashing" someone. Take the information for what you want or go research puck lifts on suspensions like this truck has and you'll see 2"+ commonly ruins joints and boots. Happened on my Tracker build too.

NCbronco

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Go
Go to the Bronco sport forum
Would you mind telling what you find out today at the offroad shop on how the CV boot got busted ? Thanks

Decayed

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
yes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
The guy who contacted me about has bought the parts we offer and mentioned it. He doesn't want to come out publicly "bashing" someone. Take the information for what you want or go research puck lifts on suspensions like this truck has and you'll see 2"+ commonly ruins joints and boots. Happened on my Tracker build too.
Is there any information about the maximum angle these CV joints can handle?

Buschur

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is there any information about the maximum angle these CV joints can handle?
Not that I know of, typically about 1.5" is all you can get before they start to stretch the boots and cause them to fail.

GaMaverick

2.0L EcoBoost
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have put 2,500 miles on my 2” FordRangerLifts lift kit since install with 245/65-17 Wildpeak AT3W.

I Drove from Georgia to North Alabama and Georgia to Pennsylvania and back over the holidays.

My CV boots and axles are still fine. Whatever happened with the original posters 2” lift kit within 90 miles of driving was improper install and/or a factory problem.
Sponsored