First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just installed the Lomax Trifold tonneau cover on my Hybrid Area51 Maverick.

With the help of my son, installation was quick and easy. The two side rails were the tricky part. To insure a level fit, one person (or clamps) needs to apply pressure on the rails to align with the side top covers. Once the clamps are set and secure, the tonneau just drops into place. The seals around the edge look tight and the tailgate closes with no gapping I can see. On the corners of the tailgate, there are small openings where one might see some water get into the bed but I would expect this to be minor.

I like the clean look and security this cover gives me.

Ford Maverick Installed Lomax Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover IMG_2678
Sponsored

Stimpy433

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mavrick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I’ve owned 2 of these covers and they are excellent covers, zero water penetration and great security. Never dented or scratched either one of the covers. They run about a grand depending on which finish you choose.
Ford Maverick Installed Lomax Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover 18618C88-68DE-4586-AABD-2B0F407992C3

OP
OP

jicajust

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Do you think the aluminum panels could be easily dented? How much $$$?
The panels seem pretty solid. I wouldn't hit them with a hammer but I expect them to hold up well. I got mine through CarId for $945. I wanted a roll up model but they were not available through CarID . The tri-fold will work fine though.

OP
OP

jicajust

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I’ve owned 2 of these covers and they are excellent covers, zero water penetration and great security. Never dented or scratched either one of the covers. They run about a grand depending on which finish you choose.
18618C88-68DE-4586-AABD-2B0F407992C3.jpeg
Chad: When I saw your pictures, I liked the way the tonneau sat on the bed. Low profile and very clean looking. Good choice.

Sponsored

Gcalderon

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I just installed the Lomax Trifold tonneau cover on my Hybrid Area51 Maverick. With the help of my son, installation was quick and easy. The two side rails were the tricky part. To insure a level fit, one person (or clamps) needs to apply pressure on the rails to align with the side top covers. Once the clamps are set and secure, the tonneau just drops into place. The seals around the edge look tight and the tailgate closes with no gapping I can see. On the corners of the tailgate, there are small openings where one might see some water get into the bed but I would expect this to be minor. I like the clean look and security this cover gives me.
IMG_2678.jpeg
Yes I did the same with mine. Two person job makes it pretty install.

Ford Maverick Installed Lomax Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover PXL_20220118_164508972

StillWaiting

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Brandyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I think I’m gonna do a soft roll up kind. I prefer the hard tri-folds, but don’t really want to spend that much for one. Looks sweet though

Vinhnguyen54

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Vinh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I personally had bad experiences with my budget trifold aluminum cover. Have it on F150 right now. Prefer TRI soft Gator on maverick. The positives of hard covers are obvious but here are my negatives:

Heavy
Easily dented and or puncture through
Rubber seal connecting panels tear thus leak. This is a hugely weak point.
More pricey
Shift around more due to weight

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew Sport XLT
Engine
Undecided
18618C88-68DE-4586-AABD-2B0F407992C3.jpeg
I have the Bakflip on my Ranger, ordered my Maverick with the hard trifold, do you happen to know who makes the trifold that you can order from Ford? Dont think its Ford brand

Sponsored
OP
OP

jicajust

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I personally had bad experiences with my budget trifold aluminum cover. Have it on F150 right now. Prefer TRI soft Gator on maverick. The positives of hard covers are obvious but here are my negatives:

Heavy
Easily dented and or puncture through
Rubber seal connecting panels tear thus leak. This is a hugely weak point.
More pricey
Shift around more due to weight
The link below was a YouTube video I found. I think there was a redesign of the Lomax so I'm hoping some/all of these issues are fixed. You make good points though.

JohnnyBravo

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
225,000 mi. Honda CRV
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I have the Bakflip on my Ranger, ordered my Maverick with the hard trifold, do you happen to know who makes the trifold that you can order from Ford? Dont think its Ford brand
the Ford dealer hard tri-folds are made by REV and the other is Advantage

Ford Maverick Installed Lomax Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover rev

Ford Maverick Installed Lomax Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover advantage

SFB

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Crew Sport XLT
Engine
Undecided
Looks identical to Bakflip. Im sure just as good or better. Thank you

Thrillhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
On the Tri-fold by Ford, is there some sort of quick release where you can take the panels out of you didn't want them against your back window?

Maverick 808

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I just installed the Lomax Trifold tonneau cover on my Hybrid Area51 Maverick.

With the help of my son, installation was quick and easy. The two side rails were the tricky part. To insure a level fit, one person (or clamps) needs to apply pressure on the rails to align with the side top covers. Once the clamps are set and secure, the tonneau just drops into place. The seals around the edge look tight and the tailgate closes with no gapping I can see. On the corners of the tailgate, there are small openings where one might see some water get into the bed but I would expect this to be minor.

I like the clean look and security this cover gives me.

IMG_2678.jpeg
Thanks for this post! Was gonna go with the RetraxOne MX but the cannister really bothered me. I'd be losing a lot of useable top space in an already small bed. Luckily I happened on this post and that cover looks sharp. Is that matte black or urethane? Was thinking of going with the urethane but worry that it might be too shiny (if the pictures online are to be believed)
Sponsored