First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram, 2005, 2500 Diesel, 22 Lariat, Cactus Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Is this what you are calling a curtain on the windshield, the 6/8” strip of tint across the top ? TIA
Yes. Some new cars are coming with it already installed. Usually 4-6 inches deep. I had mine installed when I had the front windows tinted. Cost was $40. I did not really get mine tinted dark enough. Installer can make a recommendation.
Sponsored

FordTough

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Han
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Awesome! What an elegant, inexpensive solution. The meaner look accomplished with two pieces of vinyl is exactly what I've been looking for! After seeing this post I ordered the Aeroskin hood protector from Ford immediately. Now I just need to find a tint shop to do the rest, or maybe I'll do it but if I can get it for around $60 as an add-on w the window tint might as well do that!

thev8man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hybrid XL, 2023 XLT Tremor
Engine
Undecided
Clubs

IMG_9609 2.jpg

I recently had the front windows of my truck tinted with a 20% carbon film, and also had the guys at the shop to an "eyelid kit" using satin black vinyl wrap to black. out the inoperative top portion of the headlight housing. Kind of gives it a more aggressive look on the front end, IMO.

Anyway, here are some photos and also a link to a YouTube video I put together for those who want to know more about the installation process. I have been having fun going behind the scenes with the professionals during my numerous truck mods, as I have never done any of this stuff on any vehicles I have had in the past. I hope it is helpful for others who many considering similar things for their Mavericks.

IMG_9612 2.JPG

Snapseed 5.jpg

Booyah 🤛😎👍
Sponsored