First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.helibuilder.net
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cactus Gray, Hybrid, XLT Maverick
In all the Rangers I have owned I got a Tonneau cover and kept bins in the back for when I go to the store. I know our Mavericks have slots for TDY 2" x 6" pieces of wood to hold them in place but it is not a perfect fit and you get rattles. For $27.47 on Amazon I got this Reese Ratcheting Cargo Bar. It has rubber ends and fits perfect to hold grocery tubs in the back. You can even get a piece of slit pipe insulation for the bars, or slit an old pool noodle. Also the bar can be removed in a few seconds and is adjustable enough to hold items from front to back in the bed too.

Tom ... 🚁 ✈
Ford Maverick Installed a Cargo Bar for Bed IMG_2761.JPG
Ford Maverick Installed a Cargo Bar for Bed IMG_2763.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

CenTexMav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: Subaru WRX, Challanger RT, RAM 1500
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

In all the Rangers I have owned I got a Tonneau cover and kept bins in the back for when I go to the store. I know our Mavericks have slots for TDY 2" x 6" pieces of wood to hold them in place but it is not a perfect fit and you get rattles. For $27.47 on Amazon I got this Reese Ratcheting Cargo Bar. It has rubber ends and fits perfect to hold grocery tubs in the back. You can even get a piece of slit pipe insulation for the bars, or slit an old pool noodle. Also the bar can be removed in a few seconds and is adjustable enough to hold items from front to back in the bed too.

Tom ... 🚁 ✈
IMG_2761.JPG
IMG_2763.JPG
Cool solution... I like that.

Sykotyk

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Big commercial trucks use these in their trailers. Any truck stop will carry them for about 20-35 depending if there's a sale. The tab that latches into the groove to lock in place will seize up over time if you don't keep it oiled up or use it regularly. And be aware to not extend it all the way for locking it in as you'll flex the sides of the bed. These things can warp 53' reefer trailer walls. They'll easily warp your truck bed.
Sponsored