First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 focus, 2023 Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I put battery tenders on both my Fusion and my Maverick. Took about 12 hours at that low charge rate to get the 12v batteries fully charged even though both vehicles were driven that day. After that full charge, I have not had another DEEP SLEEP mode on either vehicle.
Did you delete the app off your phone? I did fully charge my battery the week before and it stayed out of deep sleep for 2 days before going dead.
Sponsored

mktmgrjrm

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick Hybrid, Ford Fusion Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I did not delete the FORDPass app. Maverick has been sitting for two days and no return of the DEEP SLEEP mode as of yet.

colinl

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Maverick Lariat AWD, '22 Bronco OBX 2-Door
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

I did this and it seems to have fixed my Deep Sleep issue. Since last week my truck was instantly going into Deep Sleep as soon as the ignition was off.

Here's everything I did. Performed the procedure above. Shut off ignition. Started engine and let it run 5 min. Went into Fordpass Connect in the sync3 unit. Turned off everything, then toggled back on, except for insurance data. Shut off ignition.

No Deep Sleep messages... yet? I'll report back in a few days.
It's been 10 days and nothing. The battery monitor reset worked for me, however, lots of things can cause deep sleep including a battery that is slowly failing.

Still. It's so easy you should absolutely try the battery monitor reset first.

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I noticed when I turn off my Maverick, I receive a notice on my Ford Pass that my Maverick is in Deep Sleep Mode. The battery looks good. No indication of any problem. The vehicle starts without any provblem. The interior light will not come on when I opened the driver's door, which is an indication that the vehicle is in Deep Sleep Mode. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I saw somewhere there is an update to the TCU software.
I have a Lariat with a similar issue. I have the Intelligent Access. I had the TCU software update. It did not fix the issue. They also updated the software for the access not working. I worked nights and my first day after the fix, I noticed the lights and the passenger side Access not working. When I got home (20 miles), I turned off the Mav and immediately when to the passenger side and notice the access and the dome light not working. Tur on accessory mode and they both work. I was planning to stop by dealership, they have been great, to ask about the continue issue. Just found out about the wiring harness issue repair and will be doing that tomorrow. Already had battery replaced. I have not had a no start issue. Strangely, went on vacation for a week, no alert on the app about Deep Sleep and it started with no issues. Get to work and 15 minutes later, I notice a Deep Sleep notification.

samspritzer

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CRV, 2008 Accord, 2009 Quintana Roo Kilo
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Mine does the same thing and its been in the shop twice for this issue. As annoying as it is, the dealer can't seem to find what's wrong. Thus far, they replaced the BCM, reprogrammed all other modules. I have an appointment scheduled for the battery part replacement and can only hope that could be the issue. Meanwhile, I am keeping track of when this happens and the actions I may have taken around that time such as lock doors via fob.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
Undecided
I have a Lariat with a similar issue. I have the Intelligent Access. I had the TCU software update. It did not fix the issue. They also updated the software for the access not working. I worked nights and my first day after the fix, I noticed the lights and the passenger side Access not working. When I got home (20 miles), I turned off the Mav and immediately when to the passenger side and notice the access and the dome light not working. Tur on accessory mode and they both work. I was planning to stop by dealership, they have been great, to ask about the continue issue. Just found out about the wiring harness issue repair and will be doing that tomorrow. Already had battery replaced. I have not had a no start issue. Strangely, went on vacation for a week, no alert on the app about Deep Sleep and it started with no issues. Get to work and 15 minutes later, I notice a Deep Sleep notification.
Hi there, I'd be happy to look into your Maverick concerns on my end. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

PaidEMS

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Saab 9-3
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Update: Had the wire harness replaced. Still having the Deep Sleep issue. I'll be stopping by dealership on Thursday to see what can be done. Maybe I have the 300 amp fuse issue. That's about the only thing left to try. Still have my jumper box in there.
Sponsored