Blazin28

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a deposit in and have been looking for a Maverick for about a month or so now. Well a local dealer called me and had 2 on the lot. I went to look and the one was exactly what I was gonna order. So I took it. And yes with a markup. You cant get around getting one of these without one unless you wait 9+ months for your order to come in. Its simple supply and demand. No I wouldnt pay 10k over thats insane but I did pay 5k and adjusted my trade in negotiations with that. So it wasnt an awful deal.

Onto the truck vel blue lariat, Lux and Fx4 packages with 360 and a sunroof. So far I love it for what it is.
Sponsored

Old Ranchero

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Congrats on getting what you WANTED for a price that was reasonable to you based on your own calculations! I always adjust my perspective when it can benefit me too.

A wise person once told me you can't ever have enough time or money, but they aren't making any more time!

athertonbt

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XL EB FWD Carb Gray
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your Mav was marked up 5k, but trade-in values are just as inflated. No bigs. Bet there was plenty of used inventory on the lot marked up way more percentage-wise than your Mav. Let's see some pictures!

cavemold

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick 2022 Eco 2.0
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
At the end of the day it’s your money and choice. As long if you your happy with the deal that’s all that matters. I think it’s bs dealers do that to people though .

Sponsored

Houmav

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crv
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Your Mav was marked up 5k, but trade-in values are just as inflated. No bigs. Bet there was plenty of used inventory on the lot marked up way more percentage-wise than your Mav. Let's see some pictures!
Was about to say the same, most expect the used car market to really cool off by late end of summer, just playing around online I have seen the value of my wife's current vehicle is drop 10% in the last 45 days. Taking that into account the difference could have been very minimal

gte105u

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Maverick Lariat, '17 Rogue SL, '14 Altima SV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
They told you, you knew it was coming, you're OK with it. Congrats!

SilasDG

First Name
Cammeron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 F-150 4.9l l6 (Trying for a 2023 Mav)
I'd have bought it too. I told my dealer here if they could cut the 10k markup to 5k I'd buy and got no traction. They told me $500 dollars off max.

Glad you got something you're happy with!

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I have a deposit in and have been looking for a Maverick for about a month or so now. Well a local dealer called me and had 2 on the lot. I went to look and the one was exactly what I was gonna order. So I took it. And yes with a markup. You cant get around getting one of these without one unless you wait 9+ months for your order to come in. Its simple supply and demand. No I wouldnt pay 10k over thats insane but I did pay 5k and adjusted my trade in negotiations with that. So it wasnt an awful deal.

Onto the truck vel blue lariat, Lux and Fx4 packages with 360 and a sunroof. So far I love it for what it is.
That great that find you wanted and I know I would’ve liked it. That’s almost the same build I bought, twice!!

Congrats! Happy Mavericking!!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
Damn 5K over MSRP is rough. I was ok with paying MSRP but no way in hell I would have payed more than that. The Mav just ain't worth it, it's Fords entry level vehicle and the while it's a nice one you can definitely tell that both on the inside and out.

Sponsored

Vols44

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Edge
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
The OP did what they could afford. A 30k OTD at 3.9%/60months equals $33,068.57. A 35k price point adds up to $38,580.00. If finance terms increase by one percent tomorrow the OP saved roughly 1K.

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
True if I had found one off the lot when I ordered it and paid the 5k markup. My trade would have been worth more and the finance rates less. And I would have has it for 7 months. But hindsite is 20/20.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Engine
Undecided
True if I had found one off the lot when I ordered it and paid the 5k markup. My trade would have been worth more and the finance rates less. And I would have has it for 7 months. But hindsite is 20/20.
What about 5 years from now when you go to sell it? Still think the trade in value will be as high as it is now?
7 months is one thing but lets be honest with ourselves most people keep their vehicles longer than that.

OP
OP

Blazin28

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
All cars are a depreciating asset. You use to lose 20% or more just driving them off the lot. By how much today who knows to many variables. So for today I didnt want to but I accepted the markup. Just cant get all worked up about if its what you wanted. I traded a Porsche Macan turbo in for the maverick. Its not even fair to compare the 2 vehicles. Im good with it though I wanted a cheaper car in todays unstable economy. Ughh cant upload any pics because well iphone pic format

NJBob

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick, 2003 MR2, 2019 Forrester, 1969 Z/28
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
What about 5 years from now when you go to sell it? Still think the trade in value will be as high as it is now?
7 months is one thing but lets be honest with ourselves most people keep their vehicles longer than that.
I usually keep the newer cars a buy a long time. Intend to keep the Mav a while. Thanks
Sponsored