First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Maverick XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Finally, constructive criticism is not "....to shit on someone.." !
We agree on this point. Constructive criticism can be very helpful! If we use the example of your previous paragraph:

where someone covered their entire dashboard in purple shag carpet is absurd.
Replying to that post noting how their dashboard cover doesn't seem to fit very well in the corners and following up with tips on how they could improve their fit and finish the next time would be an example of constructive criticism. So would one pointing out that the shag carpet is going to be a magnet for dust so they will have to be vigilant about vacuuming it to keep it clean. On the other hand, a reply that just says, "covering your entire dashboard in purple shag carpet is absurd!" isn't a constructive criticism, no matter how pure your intent may be, (and no matter how much I personally may agree with that statement). And if you posted this observation just because you find purple shag carpet to be an affront against nature and wouldn't want it in your vehicle... well, that would just be you shitting on their choice. It's not in your truck, why let yourself get worked up over it? :)

I have to admit the fact that you chose that particular example cracked me up since I had a buddy in high school who got his brother's hand me down Celica as his first car and you want to guess what his brother had covered his dash with? After many years in the sun it had faded to a soft violet and all of the individual strands that made up the shag had pretty much separated to the point where it looked like his dash was just covered in fur. :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

garryjohnson

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick XLT FX4 Atlas Blue
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Replying to that post noting how their dashboard cover doesn't seem to fit very well in the corners and following up with tips on how they could improve their fit and finish the next time would be an example of constructive criticism. So would one pointing out that the shag carpet is going to be a magnet for dust so they will have to be vigilant about vacuuming it to keep it clean. On the other hand, a reply that just says, "covering your entire dashboard in purple shag carpet is absurd!" isn't a constructive criticism, no matter how pure your intent may be, (and no matter how much I personally may agree with that statement). And if you posted this observation just because you find purple shag carpet to be an affront against nature and wouldn't want it in your vehicle... well, that would just be you shitting on their choice. It's not in your truck, why let yourself get worked up over it? :)
If you don't like it or think purple shag carpet on the dash is ugly, the proper response could be "That's not my cup of tea, but if you like it, you do you".

catshreds

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 XLT AWD
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger"

mspmms

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
'MERICA
Threads
Reaction score
U.S.A. Indianapolis, Indiana (Downtown Indy)
Vehicle(s)
2022 XL Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs