Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01' Excursion 7.3, 82' CJ-8, 01' ACTY, 23' MAV HYB
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure if this product exists anymore, but I cant find it or remember the name. Years ago (around 1998) I bought and used a car detailing cloth. It was designed to be used dry on the exterior of the vehicle the days following a wash to remove pollen and light dust. The cloth was fairly thick and when folded a few times fit in a reusable zip lock bag, probably 12x8-ish" . It had a grey tone color to it, looked almost like steel wool, but felt in the hand like one of those surplus US Army wool blankets. There was a light coat of oil on the cloth that you couldn't feel immediately, but was on your fingers afterward. You would simply unfold the cloth, wipe your car down (its slid over the surface very easily and slippery) and then shake out whatever dust/pollen was on it, fold it up and put it back in its reusable ziplock bag. This thing lasted probably 20 years before finally one day when I pulled it out of the bag it had deteriorated. I want to buy another one for my Maverick but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the product. Anyone remember these?
Sponsored

fossil

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 SVT Cobra Mustang, HPR Lariat Tremor
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
sounds like you are describing the old "California Car Duster"

EngineeredDetails

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 F150, 2016 Fusion, 2017 Explorer
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
For very light pollen/dust build up...and I mean very light. Go to any AutoZone or Advance Auto Parts and grab you a bottle of quick detailer (Griots is a nice off the shelf brand) and a plush microfiber cloth. that's all you need and you're good to go. Anything more than a light dusting of pollen and you really need to go full contact wash to avoid scratching/swirling the paint.

GonnaGetItOneDay

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento (sold in September)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I am not sure if this product exists anymore, but I cant find it or remember the name. Years ago (around 1998) I bought and used a car detailing cloth. It was designed to be used dry on the exterior of the vehicle the days following a wash to remove pollen and light dust. The cloth was fairly thick and when folded a few times fit in a reusable zip lock bag, probably 12x8-ish" . It had a grey tone color to it, looked almost like steel wool, but felt in the hand like one of those surplus US Army wool blankets. There was a light coat of oil on the cloth that you couldn't feel immediately, but was on your fingers afterward. You would simply unfold the cloth, wipe your car down (its slid over the surface very easily and slippery) and then shake out whatever dust/pollen was on it, fold it up and put it back in its reusable ziplock bag. This thing lasted probably 20 years before finally one day when I pulled it out of the bag it had deteriorated. I want to buy another one for my Maverick but for the life of me I can't remember the name of the product. Anyone remember these?
I believe this is what you are looking for: Magic Touch

The description on the product matches exactly what you described, the only difference being, this one I found is tan instead of grey.

OP
OP
Burdy

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I believe this is what you are looking for: Magic Touch

The description on the product matches exactly what you described, the only difference being, this one I found is tan instead of grey.
Looks very similar, but definitely not the product. I am assuming the manufacturer is now gone or the product itself was discontinued. It wasn't something I think many people would buy based upon the way it looked, but its a fantastic product. I wish I could remember the name just to ease my mind, been driving me crazy for two days.

Sponsored

Red_CO

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family SUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Sounds like something I might use. Where did you buy it? Or do you have a link?

OP
OP
Burdy

Burdy

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid

JP4AZ

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Hybrid MAV, 04 Dakota 4x4, 02 Lexus, 03 V-Rod +
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

This is a old one I keep in my 320 SL

Ford Maverick I need help on remembering/finding a particular detailing cloth 20230321_092517_resized[3191]

Red_CO

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family SUV
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost