Sponsored

I just Had a Maverick Built Questions? $1000 to start an order?

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EDGE, Order Maverick
Just placed an order about (10) days ago at the Valparaiso, IN Ford dealership. I was very leery about ordering because I couldn't see or test drive and it dealership charged be $1,000 to order. Got a XLT hybrid. Anyways asked dealership, if for some reason I don't like the vehicle would $1,000 be deposited. They said "NO" that is forfeited and may be required to purchase the vehicle. Is this standard practice? A little concerned if for some reason I don't like it after vehicle comes Im stuck!!
Sponsored

PChin

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Bolt
I placed my order a month ago at my local dealership in Nashville. No deposit required at all (I even offered to put one down if it would move me up in their priority list!). Good luck, that sounds like some shady business in Valpo!

CLH917

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Yeah, never give someone money if you aren't okay with the possibility of not getting it back. The general consensus is that it varies by dealer. I placed my order with the fourth local dealer in my area that I contacted, one of the many reasons they got my business was that they required no deposit.

CASD57

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hyundai Santa Cruz
Engine
Undecided
Yea no deposit for me either.....and No refund???? I'd take my business elsewhere
Kendall Ford in Meridian Idaho...So far has treated me right... But I have another Dealer who wants my business bad...It's nice to have a backup plan.

Last edited:

Xtreme Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota
Dealer dependent. Find a new dealer if they will not agree otherwise.

I went to my closest local dealer (had a choice of 5), required $500 fully refundable deposit during my order process. If I like it, it gets applied toward my down payment. If I don't like it, dealer gives me my money back, no further questions asked and they sell it to someone else. They were upfront and open during the process and it wasn't their first rodeo. It was even written on the order paperwork the dealership generated that I signed - contingent upon satisfactory test drive and/or opinion as well as satisfactory financing terms.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TolWalleye#1

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Encore, Chevy Silverado
No deposit here in Toledo. Asked if I needed a deposit they said no.
It's mine unless I decide to not purchase.

bgn

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Take your business elsewhere, but not before posting the name of the dealer with these awful practices so others don't waste their time.

BretMaverick

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Subaru Forester, Audi A5 Cabriolet
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I placed my order at DePaula Ford in Albany NY and I offered to make a deposit and the salesman said it wasn’t required.
Sponsored