Sponsored

Hybrid Pedestrian Alert Noise (Reverse/Drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
It is a Federal Law that the noise emitter exists.
That's what I thought. Off to the dealer on Monday and talk to them in person. So, it must not be connected, since there should be no way for the customer or dealer to enable or disable the sound in software.

jbpoole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Engine
Undecided
I agree people getting ran over does stink. Iā€™m not here to discuss the legality and or issue with it. You seem to think people who want this ā€œmodā€ have a malicious intent to which I do not. The EV Sound in the Maverick is horrid if ford sound engineered a friendlier tone Iā€™m sure people wouldnā€™t want to delete it. Circling back to the issue of people getting ran over, I see it more as a driver error rather than the pedestrians simply walking.
Whether it's malicious or moronic, potentially the same result.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD šŸ˜‰
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, it's no big deal.

Unless you're the blind person. Or pet. Or small child. Or elderly person.
Or looking the other way at another vehicle backing up at the same time in the parking lot, or, or, or.

Some of y'all clearly have very narrow thinking where you can't think beyond yourself, and you fail to understand the complexity of the world. It's often not just one factor, one failure, one small distraction that leads to a collision. It's a series of failures/distractions/etc that all cascade until the unlikely and unfortunate happens.

Sponsored

gstiglitz

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Yeah, it's no big deal.

Unless you're the blind person. Or pet. Or small child. Or elderly person.
Ya I just throw it in reverse an,d never look behind me. Like you never see a car backing up in front of you.

BigB

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
You have three mirrors a back-up camera and a brake pedal. If you hit anything including people and animals itā€™s your own damn fault. Stop relying on other people to pay attention to you and some stupid noise they probably have no idea where itā€™s coming from anyways since they arenā€™t paying attention in the first place.

kpregan34

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Buick Rainer
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Has anybody looked into disabling the Hybrid noise that emits from the truck when in drive or reverse? Iā€™ve found videos of Hybrid F150ā€™s being modded to disable them

I think itā€™d be the same for the Maverick Hybrid. Has anybody successfully done this already?
We have that stupid beeper on our 2021 Escape hybrid. A huge percentage of the beeping happens backing out of our garage. Not many blind people out in the sticks! Also, hybrids aren't silent. The power electronics and inverter make a ton of racket. I would like to disable it too.

Hope4jsl

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick Lariat Lux Ecoboost
We have that stupid beeper on our 2021 Escape hybrid. A huge percentage of the beeping happens backing out of our garage. Not many blind people out in the sticks! Also, hybrids aren't silent. The power electronics and inverter make a ton of racket. I would like to disable it too.
My wifes escape also has that back-up beeping and it drives me nuts. Itā€™s so much louder than it needs to be.

The beeping is way louder than any gas engine. Do all of you that are loving this back up beeping, do you install a back-up beep device on your regular gas vehicles? You should take every precaution possibleā€¦

YOBY

First Name
Yoby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV 4 / 2022 Maverick Lariat
My wifes escape also has that back-up beeping and it drives me nuts. Itā€™s so much louder than it needs to be.

The beeping is way louder than any gas engine. Do all of you that are loving this back up beeping, do you install a back-up beep device on your regular gas vehicles? You should take every precaution possibleā€¦
Here it is and it has a two-pin plug. If you remove the plug, you are breaking the law.

But, on the other hand, I picked mine up a few days ago and it is quiet when I back up or move forward, but the dealer has state inspection stickers on the windshield that tells Law Enforcement that this Maverick has passed all Federal and State Requirements to drive on all roads in the United States. I'll see what happens when I take the truck in next year for inspection.

Ford Maverick Hybrid Pedestrian Alert Noise (Reverse/Drive) ped alarm
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.