Sponsored

Hybrid badge

babytruk

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
john
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
895
Reaction score
1,668
Location
Curacao
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
“We” do? Shortages? The price dropped here. Diesel fuel on the other hand…
Can’t increase by a couple dollars, then decrease by 50 cents and call it a drop (without Laughing at us). I once saw peanut butter at the grocery where it was moved to an end cap, increased by 50 cents, then had “sale” signs placed on the display (then nearly sold out).
Sponsored

 

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Threads
21
Messages
4,132
Reaction score
6,781
Location
British Columbia, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
Can’t increase by a couple dollars, then decrease by 50 cents and call it a drop (without Laughing at us). I once saw peanut butter at the grocery where it was moved to an end cap, increased by 50 cents, then had “sale” signs placed on the display (then nearly sold out).
Sure if you are talking about the price over the last 7-8 months. The price has yo-yo‘d to pre-war levels and back to over $6.75 per gallon here several times during that period. Still not as high as the peak in spring. Been driving hybrids for over ten years, I don’t laugh at high gas prices, because it’s still high. It’s still an increased expense, regardless of vehicle type.

I’m not proud of a stupid badge. Nobody cares. I make choice that fit my life, no reason to insult or belittle people who make other choices. I mean unless they like turbo charged small block engines. ;)
 
Last edited:

Surly Old Bill

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
bill
Joined
Apr 30, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
986
Reaction score
1,487
Location
Richmond, CA
Vehicle(s)
2024 Maverick XL
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
And, as fuel prices continue to rise, hybrid owners proudly display their badges.

Shortages and rationing are next up on the pain factor.
My family had one of the two gas stations in town during the fuel crisis. People were allowed to purchase 10 gallons every other day; even/odd number on the plates dictated what day you could get your 10 gallons.

Can you even imagine the riots by the soft and entitled Merkun population today if this was instituted?
 

babytruk

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
john
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
895
Reaction score
1,668
Location
Curacao
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Sure if you are talking about the price over the last 7-8 months. The price has yo-yo‘d to pre-war levels and back to over $6.75 per gallon here several times during that period. Still not as high as the peak in spring. Been driving hybrids for over ten years, I don’t laugh at high gas prices, because it’s still high. It’s still an increased expense, regardless of vehicle type.

I’m not proud of a stupid badge. Nobody cares. I make choice that fit my life, no reason to insult or belittle people who make other choices. I mean unless they like turbo charged small block engines. ;)
By definition of “hybrid”, can I have the electric/hydrogen option? 🙃
 

Sponsored

babytruk

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
john
Joined
Nov 2, 2025
Threads
2
Messages
895
Reaction score
1,668
Location
Curacao
Vehicle(s)
2024 maverick Hybrid XLT
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
If you think petroleum gas is expensive, go to the hydrogen stations my friend.
I’ve only seen them in CA. Imagine if your vehicle ran off of water, the price of bottled water would be crazy!
 

icegradner

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Threads
21
Messages
4,132
Reaction score
6,781
Location
British Columbia, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2022 XLT Maverick Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs
 
I’ve only seen them in CA. Imagine if your vehicle ran off of water, the price of bottled water would be crazy!
Have you bought bottled water lately? It's much more expensive than from the tap, and way more expensive than say... :rain:

We have one hydrogen station here in Vancouver, BC. It's way more expensive than gas.
 

710-oil-614

2.5L Hybrid
Well-known member
First Name
Cal
Joined
Oct 13, 2021
Threads
27
Messages
6,260
Reaction score
12,394
Location
Ohio...but I'd rather be in Boone.
Vehicle(s)
2025 Hybrid AWD Lariat
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I still can't justify $40 just to tell everyone my truck is a Hybrid AWD.
 
 







Top