David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Been lurking around here for about 9 months. I have seen a ton of great threads in here... nice! Thanks to all that have been posting!

Since I got my order in last Friday around noon, I figured it was time to join and get involved.

I ordered:
2023 Iconic silver metallic
XLT
AWD with 2.0L EcoBoost Engine
XLT luxury package
4k Tow Package
FX4 Off-Road Package

If I am being honest, I am somewhat frustrated with the packages Ford offers. All I wanted was AWD, cloth seats, push button ignition, leather steering wheel, tow package, spray in bed liner and B&O stereo. What I ordered is close enough. I was excited to see the BAP for 2023, but you can't get that with FX4. The FX4 tow hooks, skid plates and larger instrument cluster seemed better than the BAP. I went with the LUX package to get the steering wheel upgrade, but don't really need seat heaters in TX.

it is time to start my to do list...
window tint
bed liner (since it isn't in the lux package this year and it seemed to be a cause for delays anyway)
upgrade speakers

hmmm, what else...
wheels?
drop it two inches?
strut tower brace?
rear sway bar?
forscan?
tuner?
CAI?
blow off valve?

The biggest question... dare I roll the dice and start ordering parts before it is built?
Sponsored

Takk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT, HP Red
Welcome!

I think the key words for a 2023 are 'think' and 'plan' because who knows when it'll arrive. The benefit of waiting to buy is that there is probably a lot of Maverick aftermarket stuff still in dev. When your truck has some dates then you can take another look at your list (i'm sure it'll grow between now and then) but perhaps there'll be more data on the performance mods you're looking, and more mod choice in general.

TCPTX65

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick XL Hybrid, 2023 Buick Enclave
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Clubs

Howdy from Wichita Falls!

OP
OP

MavDav

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Clubs

Welcome!

I think the key words for a 2023 are 'think' and 'plan' because who knows when it'll arrive. The benefit of waiting to buy is that there is probably a lot of Maverick aftermarket stuff still in dev. When your truck has some dates then you can take another look at your list (i'm sure it'll grow between now and then) but perhaps there'll be more data on the performance mods you're looking, and more mod choice in general.

Waiting is probably the way to go. I can just think about it like this... my 12-15 months of waiting has just begun, plenty of time to see what else becomes available. I keep telling myself it will be at least 12 months before it gets here, like that will somehow make waiting easier.
Sponsored