jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
to that crap I'd add "I'll check in with costumer service after the sale and ask for an audit"
embrace the squeaky wheel, be the squeaky wheel.

you might consider at this point it's a dealer problem not Fords
Believe you mean "customer" service. ;)

Sadly, that's the option I had to go with, working on that now. Walking away, even for the moment, would've only resulted in them refusing to sell it to me. That was not really an option as I "needed" the vehicle to replace a totaled car. Had also waited >7 months, and between incentive protection, price protection, and A-Plan, it was just under $8k off the MSRP on the window sticker. So I ended up having to pay the state max and hopefully get at least the difference back later.

Basically, their entire argument was they could charge the state max, the rules say they could do it (which they would neither read nor allow me to read, instead continuing to talk over me). That Ford said they could do it, and they'd asked, because they've had numerous other customers call them on their BS over the years, which they actually admitted to.

That the state said they could (no, the state sets the max they can charge).

That Ford says if they charge everyone the same amount, they can overcharge Plan customers. Nope. The rules very clearly state that they can only charge $75 for AZ (probably D as well) and $100 for X. The rules also state that if state law requires them to charge everyone the same amount, which is over those amounts, then the customer pays the listed amount and the dealer bills the Ford AXZD-Plan program the difference (e.g. if the dealer is required by state law to charge everyone the same and they charge $200, then Ford will pay $125 on AZ sales and $100 on X). They kept insisting it was a state thing, couldn't produce documentation that said they had to charge more than that, and admitted Ford never paid them the overage. Why? Because they're not in a state where they're required to charge everyone the same doc fee >$75-100. State law has no issues with them charging $0.

Effectively, they were charging an ADM on a Plan sale which is a huge no-no...

This is in a market with a huge Ford presence yet they don't care if they rip off corporate employees and family members...

Oh, and it is an Escape Hybrid, AWD, nicely equipped, so they were eager to sell it with ADM to someone else... Escape Hybrids are, if anything, more rare than Maverick Hybrids.

Of course, if the dealer would actually read the paperwork and the rules...

Every AXZD-Plan sale requires both the dealer and the customer to sign the AXZD-Plans Pricing Agreement. What does that form say?

By signing this agreement, the Dealer acknowledges receipt of copies of the Plan and agrees: a) to comply with the terms and conditions contained in the Plan and b) that violation of any Plan provision by the Dealer or anyone acting on behalf of the Dealer may result in Dealer or any employee of the Dealer being: (I) declared ineligible to participate further in the Plans, and (II) charged back any commission paid by Ford on transactions in which violations occurred or a $200 assessment depending on rule violation, see C&I Audit Matrix for complete details.
Sponsored

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My understanding was that X-plan also somehow capped the amount of doc. fees that the dealer is allowed to charge. Is that not the case?
it's true for A & Z Plan, up to $75, can't answer to X
Fossil, you clearly know the ins and outs of the plans. Thank you for taking the time to share your knowledge!

AzCactusGray

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C5, SC430, 67XKE, 08 XJR, 78 F250, 22 Mav
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
My understanding was that X-plan also somehow capped the amount of doc. fees that the dealer is allowed to charge. Is that not the case?
X-plan dealer paperwork capped at $100.

OP
OP
oilman300

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Velocity Blue XL Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
OP
OP
oilman300

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Please be sure to follow up with whatever you find out about this (in case you find your answer somewhere outside this thread). I’m in the exact same scenario. My order won’t come in until November though, so I have a little bit of time before I need an answer.
Will do.

Sponsored

OP
OP
oilman300

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
How X-Plan Pricing Is Calculated,

Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee = x-plan price

Dealers are not required to participate in Ford Plan pricing

your dealer knows this
The issue they're saying is they didn't get the invoice with the price when I ordered it back in Oct 2021, but the invoice they sent when my truck was built is with the price increases from December & July.

OP
OP
oilman300

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I went through this. I have no idea if my situation is typical or not but what occurred is I got a $900 check in the mail about 4 months after I got the truck.
I hope not. I have to pay taxes on the sales amount at the time of sale. A rebate 4 months later can't be used to reduce the taxes paid as well as making my payment that much higher..

OP
OP
oilman300

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
They're allowed to do that on AXZD Plan purchases - charge the higher amount upfront and refund the difference once price protection goes through. Some dealers will honor the original price upfront (mine did, despite the other BS they pulled).
I hope mine does. I have to pay taxes on the sales amount at the time of purchase. A rebate paid 4 months later can't be used to reduce the taxes paid as well as making my loan payments that much higher.

jsus

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape Hybrid AWD 😉
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I hope mine does. I have to pay taxes on the sales amount at the time of purchase. A rebate paid 4 months later can't be used to reduce the taxes paid as well as making my loan payments that much higher.
Same here. You know they won't file with the state for a sales tax refund.

OP
OP
oilman300

oilman300

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Engine