Sponsored

How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it?

JohnDLG

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I'm not planning on getting a Lariat so not Advanced Cruise Control, so are the rest of the 360 features all that useful? If you were to drift into another lane will it automatically steer you back into your lane?
Sponsored

jjones252

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
My wife has it on her 2020 Explorer. It doesn’t steer you back into your lane, but it has a lot of safety features on your dash that IMO justifies adding it to your vehicle. It’s primarily an alert if you are start to drive outside of your lane. Sounds like overkill for most drivers, I’m sure, but I appreciate the added safety benefit.

I’m not sure if the package includes the blind spot light on the mirrors or if that is standard. But, I don’t want to drive without that feature anymore. Not to be dramatic, but It’s probably saved lives.

RobBot

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma
It looks like to me it will steer you back into your line lightly, and has emergency braking. Besides that it warns you of cross traffic.

Ford isn't marketing Co-pilot 360 all that well. It looks like it's their name for all of their advanced cruise control and safety features, but not every car has the same features. Blue Cruise is the almost self driving one.

Chas995

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
We have a Subaru Outback with blind spot monitor and cross traffic alert. Would not buy a car wthout this feature as it aids in highway driving and also simply backing out of a parking space.
Not sure but assume Ford's system is similar.

Granger Ford

2.0L EcoBoost
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many Fords
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Ford has many iterations of the Ford Co‑Pilot360 Technology...

Some have Vids that you need a STARS login to get and they are fantastic learning tools wish Ford would put them on their YouTube channel so that the customer could learn more about the exact way they work...

These are the features for the Maverick version...

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676444496

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676512421

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676550938

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676610122

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676673350

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676715804

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676847668
Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676880843
Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676956812

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623676989824
Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623677025773

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623677069353

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623677106177

Ford Maverick How good is the CoPilot 360, is it worth it? 1623677134727

Sponsored

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I wonder how they can offer stop and go without adaptive cruise control.

zeketolliver

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hyundai Tuscon NLine
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
Somewhat off topic, but it sure sounds like I'll need to wash my Maverick everyday during winter periods when the weather gets bad and stays bad...all that road treatment film is probably going to render the sensors useless lol

theek

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V, Subaru CrossTrek
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It does for my CR-V. If I drive in sloppy highway conditions more than 100km it starts complaining loudly. First time it happened I went to a dealer and they just said "shit happens".

The electronics are great when they work, when they fail holy shit.

jwiedle24

2.5L Hybrid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat w/Luxury Pkg
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
It does for my CR-V. If I drive in sloppy highway conditions more than 100km it starts complaining loudly. First time it happened I went to a dealer and they just said "shit happens".

The adaptive cruise control in my Mazda6 GTR works amazing even in bad conditions. It will alert and say system shut off due to poor visibility — but it will still actually work. Probably just a warning it may not work for liability purposes ha

When B&P, the lariat luxury package says copilot360 is included in the $3,340 package, and it’ll show as included on the build page — but it adds it separately as the $540 add-on. So it’s not included, but more so is just required?

Sponsored

pxpaulx

2.0L EcoBoost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I haven't run into any issues with my ranger in multiple bad winter weather scenarios. I am seriously disappointed that the stop/go is tied to the lariat trim, ordered my XLT with 360 - blind spot is very handy, and the lane keeping works well enough to make that package easily worth. Would have paid double for the full assist options on their own, but couldn't shell out another $3500 for a top of the line lariat when I couldn't bring myself to like that interior - too much for me.

Also for reference, I would describe the basic lane keeping as something along the lines of bumper bowling - you get bounced back into the lane, but it doesn't do anything remotely like centering (Which I don't have and really sounds nice!!!)

RedDirtFil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
When B&P, the lariat luxury package says copilot360 is included in the $3,340 package, and it’ll show as included on the build page — but it adds it separately as the $540 add-on. So it’s not included, but more so is just required?
Correct. I went through Albert @ Granger Ford for my Lux Lariat. We had to add the CoPilot 360 charge due to Ford's system not being correct during the first few days of ordering. It's required for the lux package, but not included in the cost. Kind of lame, but it is what it is 🤷‍♂️

oljackfrost

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're all sold, waiting for Maverick
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I never

I never use cruise control in the winter unless I’m positive the roads are clear and ice free. When you take your foot off the accelerator you are already starting to slow down before hitting the brake pedal. With cruise you are still speeding merrily along until you physically brake.

fordtruckguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford truck
was going to skip the co pilot 360 on my xlt to save the $500 since there is no ACC. I've never had blind spot monitoring in a car before but it does seem like a nice feature, so I went back and added it.

russross

2.5L Hybrid
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick XLT Hybrid
Engine
2.5L Hybrid
I ordered a really basic XL build but included 360. Blind spot monitoring is a nice safety feature. I'm pretty aware of other drivers and always check my blind spot before switching lanes, but in my last vehicle the blind spot monitoring alarm went off a few times when I'd lost track of a car. I still checked my spots and wouldn't have crashed, but I wouldn't have noticed it until the very last second and the alarm was a useful backup. The cross-traffic alert is what really sold me on it, though. I work at a university with terrible student drivers everywhere, and backing out of a parking spot feels like russian roulette sometimes. There is often zero visibility to either side, the car speeding through the lot is out of range of the backup camera, and the cross traffic alert system is the only way to know if you are clear.
Sponsored