First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
I'm wondering if anyone can point out where the cameras are for the copilot 360 lane assist? It works remarkably well (much better than earlier iterations with Ford and others). The things it can sense especially up in the North with less than clear road markings?! Wow. Any other info on how it works would be much appreciated.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PRH

PRH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, how far would it be from driving assist (where it full on drives)? It seems to navigate corners with such ease and precision. I'd think it's only a software subroutine away from being able to drive but I'm likely missing something (such as adaptive cruise).

The Weatherman

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick Lariat Lux FX4 4K x 2
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
It’s a single camera tucked in at the top of the windshield just behind the mirror.

Scott Asheville

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 AWD XLT ECO LUX CP360 HPR
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Also, how far would it be from driving assist (where it full on drives)? It seems to navigate corners with such ease and precision. I'd think it's only a software subroutine away from being able to drive but I'm likely missing something (such as adaptive cruise).
Today that would be Ford Blue Cruise, which is coming to more Fords soon. It's probably gonna cost more. You need more sensors and computer processing power. And it only works on a set of mapped roads. But for cross country interstate trips, Blue Cruise and GM SuperCruise/UltraCruise rock. No hands on wheel. No feet on pedals. It monitors your eyes to make sure you're paying attention.

As a 65 year old, I'm really hopeful that my car will drive me where I need to go a decade or so from now. Lots of arguments out there about when Level 5 self driving will arrive. As a software engineer, I know what I don't know, so I'm not making any predictions on when.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...s/what-is-ford-bluecruise-hands-free-driving/

https://www.sae.org/news/press-room...utomation”-standard-for-self-driving-vehicles

Last edited:
OP
OP
PRH

PRH

2.0L EcoBoost
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Engine
2.0L EcoBoost
Thanks Scott! I'm sold on these cars that practically drive themselves. First exposed to it in a Nissan Rogue, then a cadillac, and one other rental car that i can't remember (Maybe that's the first sign I need this feature! Ha! Just joking..sort of)
Sponsored